Chapter Twenty-nine

I woke up in only my panties and Luke's oversized shirt adorning a majority of my body.

Luke began to stir from beside me, letting me know he was about to wake up or was in the process of waking up.

"Hello gorgeous." He lazily smiled, his raspy voice sending chills down my spine.

"Hi." I smiled shyly, at the realization he was only in his boxers.

Yes I've seen him completely naked, but it still felt weird to actually think about this kind of stuff.

"Stop looking at me like that." I mumbled, covering my face with my hands as he chuckled.

He continued to giggle, his eyes screwed shut, his nose crinkled, and his head titled back slightly.

That was by far my favorite laugh, hands down.

"And how am I looking at you?" He asked, an amused, yet teasing smile was playing on his lips.

"I don't know, it's kind of cute but it's kinda creeping me out." I blurted out, suddenly feeling bad for saying he creeped me out.

"I don't know how to respond to that." He admitted, laughing quietly.

"You're just beautiful." He admitted, a blush creeping onto his cheeks.

"Shut up." I hit his chest lightly, and decided to get out of bed.

"I love you." He whispered, standing from the bed silently and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"I love you, more." I replied, whispering as well, turning around in his arms so I could face him.

Somehow he managed to get on a pair of sweatpants silently also, kind of like a ninja.

He lifted me, slinging me over his shoulder.

"Oh my god!" I squealed.

"Shh, it's four in the morning. My mum is sleeping still." He scolded quietly.

"Then where the hell are you taking me?" I questioned, in the form of whisper-yelling.

"To the basement, we can watch Netflix on my laptop down there." He responded, scoffing as if I should've known this obvious answer.

"Oh duh, how could I have not known." I said, a sarcastic tone in my voice.

"Don't be a smartass." He warned, smacking my bum.

"Hey!" I squealed, as I had a perfect view of his bum, I decided to smack his.

"Don't get feisty, or no movie theatre popcorn for you." He warned.

"Okay, I'll stop. Only because food is involved though." I agreed, as he sat me back down on my feet.

He laid down on the couch first, and I laid next to him grabbing a blanket and pulling it over us as he turned on his laptop and opened up Netflix.

"What do you wanna watch?" We asked each other at the same time, "Well that was creepy." I laughed.

"I think we spend too much time together sometimes." He teased, laughing.

"When do we go home?" I asked, suddenly.

"In three days." He answered.

"Okay, I'm in need of a girls night out with Jordan, I miss that loser." I said, finally turning my attention back to the laptop.

"Let's watch Mean Girls!" I suggested, and laughed but clicked on the movie anyway.

"So fetch." I heard him mumble.

"God Gretchen stop trying to make fetch happen." I said to him, making him smile, w had a weird sparkle in his eyes

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He shrugged it off turning back to the laptop as we watched Lindsay Lohan slowly become a bitchy, plastic.

"Okay." I said, trying to shrug it off.

•Luke•

The reason I kept kind of creepily staring at Lily, was because I was so tempted to do it now.

But all the guys told me to wait, until at least we were home.

Although, she looks so beautiful it's hard to resist.

I watched her more than the movie, the way she would giggle as she watched the movie at something Janice Ian did, or scowl at how much of a bitch Regina was.

It's getting harder to stop myself, I have to do it.

God dammit Luke, contain yourself until after the movie at least.,

The credits began to roll, this was your chance Luke.

Don't puke on her, that's the main thing you don't do, just don't puke on the girl you love.

I got off the couch, reaching in my pocket to make sure it was there.

"What're you doing?" She asked, looking up at me confusion all over her features.

I got down on one knee in front of her, us now being eye level.

Her eyes grew wide, tears already beginning to form and I hadn't even spoken yet.

"Lily Elizabeth Jamenson, I still remember the night we met at that rundown club that you worked at, the look in your eyes showed me you were gonna give me a run for my money. But that was an understatement. I fell for you in what seemed like a day, but really a few weeks with you seemed like a day that it was so short.

An eternity with you, would never be enough, because frankly everything goes by too quickly for me to actually stop and appreciate it, that is until I met you. You showed me how to love, and that I would be allowed love in return.

I love you more than you can ever imagine Lily, I know we are young. I'm not saying it has to be right now, but will you marry me?" I finished the speech, tears were streaming down both of our faces.

"Of course, Lucas. But remember I'll always love you more than you could ever love me."

(Wow

This was wow

But the proposal happened bc like 2 epilogues are left and that's it, it was gonna be 5-6 more chapters but I'd just be dragging it out.

I love you lots!

Xx

-Shelby)