Chapter Twenty-five

After finally getting dressed and ready, Luke was still making jokes about me in the shower curtain.

"Out of all things, you picked the shower curtain?" He laughed, one more joke and I'll slap him.

"One more joke and I'll slap you." I spoke my mind, making him raise his hands in mock defense.

"Okay, okay." He chuckled, parking the car in front of an apartment building I've never seen before.

"This is your apartment building?" I asked, getting out of the car and following Luke inside.

"Yeah, it's nothing fancy, but it's home." He shrugged, leading the way inside and into an elevator.

Apparently his apartment was on the fifth floor, because that's what floor we stopped at and where we stepped off the elevator.

"I'm assuming you don't really like your apartment since you've never really brought me here?" I questioned, kind of assuming.

"It's just kind of empty, I don't know." He shrugged, stopping outside the apartment and unlocking it with the keys he dug out of his front jean pocket.

As the door opened, we were greeted with a nearly empty living room. Just a leather couch, coffee table in front of it, and a small flat screen tv hanging on the wall.

Empty would be the right word for it.

"Wow." I breathed.

"Empty right?" He asked, laughing quietly.

"Just a little." I shrugged.

"Let me give you a short tour of the place." He said, taking my hand in his as he lead his way through the apartment.

We walked through a swingy door type thing, kind of like the family had for the kitchen in Full House, and stepped door in the kitchen.

It was small, but suited him.

There was a small island in the middle of the kitchen. The top of it was glass, giving off the illusion of the objects floating in mid air.

The fridge was also made of glass, I could see that the fridge was nearly empty. Except for the few frozen pizzas I assumed were there for when Michael came over.

Michael loves pizza, and always wants another slice. (((haha see what I did there)))

Then we walked back to the back through the swinging door, and down a small and narrow hallway.

There were three doors down the hallway, one being the bathroom, one being a guest room/office looking room, and then his bedroom.

His room was quite clean, which shocked me. His bed looked like it's never been slept in, everything looks like it's been sitting there, untouched, for years.

"I've just gotta change." He told me, walking over to this closet, which is where I found that he has a very sloppy closet.

The one place he doesn't have OCD, is where he should. I know I have OCD, it's actually a really big problem.

He quickly changed into a button up shirt, leaving the top couple of buttons undone, and a tie, tied loosely around his neck.

Along with his signature black skinny jeans. Such a shock, right?

He slipped back on his black converse, and we walked back out of his apartment and headed downstairs.

...

"No you didn't!" I argued back, my laughter probably being heard through the whole art gallery.

"I swear!" He laughed back, holding a hand to his heart.

"Why would you do such a thing to poor Mike?" I asked, my laughter dying down a little.

"I only ate all the pizza because he died my hair purple." He pouted.

"So Michael gave you a black eye?" I asked, disbelief clear in my tone.

"Yeah he was badass back then." He smiled at the memory.

"Michael? A badass? We are talking about Michael Clifford right?" I asked, teasingly.

"I know, no one would ever thought that the little kitten can be a badass sometimes." He chuckled, as we walked through and admired the different sculptures.

"Wow." I breathed, as I walked ahead and looked at a beautiful picture that was painted by a anonymous painter.

"That looks like the park that we went to a couple of weeks ago." He commented, coming up behind me.

"Yeah, it does." I agreed.

As I looked at it, looking at every detail I realized that there was a couple on the park bench. The couple looked a lot like Luke and myself, probably just a coincidence.

I shrugged it off and continued down the row of paintings, looking at some of the very famous paintings like "A Starry Night" or is it "Starry Night" I don't know, but it's beautiful either way.

We went through the gallery, and after we were finished we walked outside into the fall breeze once again. Friday was Halloween, five days until my favorite holiday. I can't wait.

"Ready for our picnic?" He asked, holding out his hand for me to take.

"Of course." I grinned, intertwining out fingers together.

We walked across the busy street, trying to avoid the traffic. It was like the old arcade game frogger, which happened to be one of my favorite games.

"Just like frogger." Luke laughed, as we made it to the other side of the street.

"I was just thinking that." I laughed.

"Great minds think alike." He commented, as we walked into the park and a small picnic table was set up with our stuff and a tablecloth and everything.

"Such a hopeless romantic." I mumbled to myself.

"Yes I am." He mumbled back.

We sat across from each other as Luke pulled out a freaking pizza out of the picnic basket. How the hell did that fit in there?

"Pizza my lady?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Of course." I scoffed, making him laugh.

As I poured the soda out of the bottle into the plastic glassware.

We sat and talked for god knows how long. Then it got silent and it's like time stopped, and the world stopped turning.

We were in our own little world, and this when I knew we would be okay.

We will be back to normal in no time.

(This was cute.

Halloween chapter coming soon, but happy late Halloween! Stay spooky! Love you!

Follow my twitter @/rxdicxlcal

xx

-Shelby)