E i g h t

MATTS POV

I stood there in the park, alone and stunned.

Why did Jake leave? Did she hate me?

Tears brimmed in my eyes as I walked home. Quickly I wiped them away with my sleeve. I was embarrassed and upset.

When I got home I walked up to my room and texted Jake.

To: Jake💕

Hey can we talk?

I sent it and waited for a reply. My phone beeped and I jumped. When I looked down at my phone my heart sunk.

From: Kira

Hey Matt, I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for what I did and that I still love you. I know you have feelings for another girl but you should know that I want you back.

I frowned at my phone and I could feel my head getting hot. Nononono. This was not happening.

To: Kira

No I will never take you back. Never ever. What you did to me was horrible and selfish. I would never forgive you.

I decided to go to sleep and talk about the almost kiss with Jake tomorrow.

JAKES POV

I woke up the next morning with pudgy eyes from crying. I had to be nice to Matt today. What I did last night was stupid, I mean, I really liked Matt and he really liked me. I just hadn't been ready, but now I am.

"Jake? You up?" Taylor lightly rapped on my door and peeked his head in.

"Hey." I smiled faintly at him.

He smiled in return.

"Just checking. It's time for school, can you tell me why you were crying last night?" He asked and sat down next to me on my bed.

"Soccer accident but I'm ok now." I lied.

"Ok, I thought something serious had happened." Taylor hugged me and got up to go get ready.

MATTS POV

I had to do something to get her to like me. Something bigger than a kiss. Something bigger than being her friend.

I was gonna ask her out.

__________________________

During free period I found Jake and pulled her outside.

"Hey I really need to tell you something." I said and we sat on a bench.

"Look Matt I'm sor-" but I interrupted her.

I breathed in then said,"Jake, I really really like you. You make me happy when I'm around you. Your laugh is adorable and you can always make me laugh. I like that you're athletic, and I like how confident you are about your opinions. I know that you don't like your hair down but I think it would be pretty down. You probably don't like me back but I'm going to risk this anyways. Jake Caniff, will you be my girlfriend?" I took out her ponytail holder and tucked her hair behind her ears.

She blushed, which made my stomach explode with butterflies.

I waited a couple minutes and she looked up at me shyly.

"I like you too Matt. I will be your girlfriend." She smiled at me.

"Really?" I stood up and started dancing.

"But there's one thing, I'm not allowed to date as far as Taylor's concerned. If he were to find out, he would kill me and you. And if we ever broke up-, I don't even want to know what would happen. Taylor's pretty strict and I just don't want anything bad to happen to either of us." She frowned.

"We can make it work." I put my arm around her and pulled her close to me,"I would never hurt you. Taylor doesn't have to know, but I'm sure he would understand if he found out."

Jake leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I hope so Matt."

Ok guys so thank you SO MUCH for over 300 reads! Last night I had a little over 200 and that means that almost 100 people have read this in less than 24 hours! This chapter is kinda a filler so yea. -Jane