T w e n t y

JAKES POV

"Taylor! Caitlin, Shawn and I are going shopping!" I yelled into Taylor's room.

Caitlin and Shawn waited behind me patiently.

"Ok be careful! Bring your phone!" He called back.

"K let's go." Shawn smiled at both of us.

Caitlin took his hand and I walked next to them. I should've known that I was going to be a bit of a third wheel.

"Where to first?" Caitlin asked as we walked out of the hotel.

Shawn pointed to the huge Toys-R-Us in the middle of Times Square. He was such a kid but then again, so was I.

Caitlin smiled and we ran over to the gigantic store.

Woa.

Stared at the huge Ferris wheel that greeted us when we walked in.

"I'm gonna go get us some tickets!" Shawn told us then raced off to buy the tickets.

"I want the Scooby Doo cart!" Caitlin pointed at the Ferris wheel.

"I want the M&MS one!" I exclaimed.

Shawn rushed back with 3 tickets in his hand.

"I'm back let's get in line." He said.

The wait was about 10 minutes long so it wasn't that bad. Finally we got to the front and climbed into the M&M cart.

The Ferris wheel slowly started to move to the top. Caitlin and Shawn were on one side and I was on the other.

"Jake can you take our picture?" Shawn asked then handed me his phone.

I nodded. They kissed and I snapped the picture.

"Here ya go." I handed Shawn his phone and he opened up to the picture.

"Aw look." He smiled and showed Caitlin.

She giggled and they held hands.

I felt weird sitting there on the other side of the cart by myself. Kind of like a third wheel.

When the Ferris wheel slowed to a stop, we all got off.

"Let's go to the candy aisle!" Caitlin grabbed Shawn's hand and they ran off.

"I'll catch up with you guys later?" I called but they were already over in the candy section laughing and sampling the food.

I decided to go look around for a restaurant because I was starting to get hungry.

They would find me eventually.

I set off and finally settled on a small cafe that didn't look to crowded.

It was cute, kind of like one of those little cafés from the movies where there are Lacey curtains and flowers and just cute little vintage things.

It was a perfect place to eat.

MATTS POV

It was getting to be around lunch time, so I headed out to look for a place in Times Square to eat.

There was a small cafe nearby so I settled on that.

I headed over but on my way I saw someone else walk over to the cafe.

From far away I couldn't tell who it was but when I got closer I could see that it was Jake.

My stomach fluttered just like it did the first time I had seen her.

I still liked her with every piece of my heart. But she would never like me back. Not after what I did.

Still, I walked towards the cafe.

When I reached the door, I took a deep breath and strolled inside.

The bell on the door dinged as I opened it.

I could see Jake at a table by herself in the corner, reading the menu. She looked bored.

I don't know what came over me, but I walked over to the table and sat down across from her.

"Hey Jake." I said casually.

She looked up alarmed.

"What are you doing here?" She asked nervously.

"I came to apologize." I told her then explained the whole story of how Kira had black mailed me into dancing with her and kissing her.

When I was done I studied Jake's face.

She was as flawless as I remembered her. Dark brown hair and all.

Her intense blue eyes stared at me cautiously. Her mouth twitched, like she was trying to smile, but she forced it into a straight line.

We looked at each other for awhile. I was waiting for her to say something.

Anything.

JAKES POV

Matt didn't actually cheat on me? He still likes me?

His words had shocked me, but in a good way.

My mouth started to twitch into a smile. But I forced it back to a slight frown.

You can't trust him. He's lying. He kissed another girl. No good boyfriend would do that. Never ever.

"So do believe me? Can you take me back?" Matt asked hopefully, his eyes searched my face for an answer.

I wanted to, so much. But I couldn't.

"Matt I'm sorry." I stood up, getting ready to go. This was really awkward and it hurt me to be around him.

His face fell.

"Jake please. I'm telling the truth." Matt pleaded.

"I can't trust you." I said firmly and walked out of the cafe.

"Jake please!" He called after me.

Tears burned in my eyes, making it hard to see. I ran to the hotel, up to my room.

I turned on the shower and got in. The hot water hit my back, soothing me. I washed my hair and got out.

The shower hadn't completely relaxed me, but it had made me feel better.

How did he know I was at the cafe? Why wouldn't he leave me alone?

I laid down on my bed and shut my eyes.

It was time to sleep.

Didn't really know how to end this chapter so uh yea. Thanks for over 3k! This is really cool for me to have that much because I only thought that my friends would read this. New update maybe this weekend? Possibly? Whenever an idea comes to me. -Jane