F i f t e e n

JAKES POV

"Dude Matts such a jerk." Hannah said to me.

I tensed up and didn't respond.

"Guys tonight is an all girls night. We say nothing about any guy, especially Matt." Cassie rushed over to my side.

Hannah nodded disappointedly, but walked over Emily.

"You ok?" Cassie asked me, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I nodded slightly.

"Yea. I'm fine." I said.

Cassie looked at me then headed over to where Annabeth and DJ were.

Annabeth looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"Jake guess what?" Harley came over to me excitedly.

"Hmm." I said.

"Aiden asked-" Cassie ran over to Harley and whispered something in her ear.

Disappointed, Harley nodded at Cassie.

Caitlin and Kate weren't here yet, but I wished they were. All of my friends split into their small groups, and Caitlin and Kate were mostly mine.

DJ came over, interrupting my thoughts. I hadn't seen her in awhile, she looked different.

"Woa DJ! You got a haircut!" I exclaimed.

She blushed.

"Yea." She ran her hands through her short pixie-cut.

"Now when we go see the Fault In Our Stars together, I can call you Hazel Grace!" I said and she laughed.

We had been planning to go see that movie since we first met because we were the only ones who had read the book.

"Or you can call me Augustus." DJ joked.

"Guys we're here!" Caitlin ran down the stairs with Kate, entering Cassie's basement.

"And we brought junk food!" Kate called.

They had Oreos, Swedish fish, chocolate, marshmallows, and ice cream. Literally all of my favorite foods.

Everyone dived in.

"Guys let's watch a movie." Hannah suggested. We were sitting next to each other, stuffing our faces with Swedish fish.

"Or we can make a video for YouTube!" I said.

I hadn't gotten on my channel in forever.

"Oh my gosh yes!" Emily exclaimed.

I set up my camera on a spare tripod that Cassie had laying around.

"What's up guys? Jake here." I said, waving at the camera.

"Today I'm here with my friends. Guys introduce yourselves." I gestured to the group.

"Sup I'm Caitlin."

"Kate."

"Hannah!"

"I'm Emily and I like Percy Jackson."

"DJ aka the Craic."

"Cassie!"

"Annabeth."

"MEEESES KUAN!" Harley said in a funny voice, making us crack up.

"That's Harley." I laughed and pointed at her.

"So today we're gonna to the chubby bunny challenge!" I grabbed the bag of marshmallows and shook it in front of the camera.

Everyone cheered.

"So we're gonna be doing it as a 2v2 tournament thing, so the winner of each round goes against the next person."

The first round was Caitlin and Kate. Caitlin won then played Hannah. Hannah won then played Cassie. Next it was me and Cassie, Harley and me, DJ and me, and finally, me and Emily.

I grabbed a handful of marshmallows out of the bag and stuffed them in my mouth. Emily stuffed two handfuls in her mouth so I tried to stuff another in mine.

"Blegh!" I spit out my marshmallows and Emily cheered.

"Boom! Can't beat me! I'm the master!" She danced around the basement.

DJ threw a pillow at her and Emily laughed.

"Hey!" She playfully pushed DJ, making her fall down laughing.

"Ok," I laughed, "As you can see, I can't fit two handfuls of marshmallows in my mouth. That's all for today! Bye!" We all waved at the camera and I ended the video.

I added music in the background and posted the video.

After that, we all ended up watching 42, the Jackie Robinson movie. Kate, Caitlin and I had all insisted on watching it.

I was really tired and fell asleep during the end of the movie.

"Matt I love you." I said, kissing Matt's cheek. He smirked at me.

"If only I loved you back." He said and put his arm around a girl who was walking over to us.

"Wait what?" I started to tear up.

"Oh Jake, you're so dumb. I've had another girlfriend the whole time I was dating you. You're so ugly and horrible at everything. The only reason I ever dated you was to get the girl I actually wanted. You didn't think that I would ever actually like you that way right?" He snickered at me and kissed the other girl on the lips.

"Matt... I- I thought you loved me too. You said you did." The tears had escaped my eyes and were sliding down my face.

"I lied." He said, muffled because he was still kissing the other girl. I stood there frozen, trying to move, watching them kiss.

"Matt please!" I cried. He said he loved me.

"Jake! Jake! Wake up!" I woke up in a cold sweat and looked around.

All the girls were standing over me, looking concerned.

"What- what happened." I asked groggily.

"You started to scream and thrash around in your sleeping bag. What did you dream about?" Annabeth asked me.

I sat there for a minute, then burst into tears.

"It- it was him!" I cried and Hannah pulled me into a hug.

"Sshh." She patted my hair trying to calm me down.

Tears streamed down my face and all I could think of was how passionately he had kissed her. That really scared me.

We all at there and hugged.

"Should I call Taylor?" Cassie asked.

I shook my head.

"I'll be ok."

She nodded.

"Wanna watch Mean Girls? To get our minds off of everything?" DJ suggested.

Everyone agreed and we watched that movie. Eventually, everyone else went to sleep. My dream was much better this time.

I was at Hershey Park with Taylor, Hayes, and Nash. We were eating chocolate and laughing.

Even though I seemed better. I wasn't. Not at all.

Hey guys thanks so much for over 1k reads! I never thought that this would go so far! Keep commenting and voting! -Jane