E i g h t e e n

MATTS POV

I jogged down the stairs of my two story house. My hair was still unkempt from bed head and I had thrown on some sweatpants and a random sweatshirt I had found lying around in my closet.

"Ready to go Matt?" My mom asked as I approached our front door.

My suitcases and bags were in front if the door. My mom helped me pick them up and load them in our car.

"I'm going to miss you." She said and we stepped in our car.

"I'm going to miss you too." I replied.

Magcon was gonna be awkward. Somehow, I was going to make them forgive me.

The drive to the airport took about an hour. When we finally got there I could see everyone else waiting impatiently at the front of the building.

I unloaded my bags from the trunk.

"Bye Matt, I'll miss you. Try to visit me when you're near the area?" My mom hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Bye mom I'll miss you too. Of course I will visit you." With that, we parted our separate ways and I was off for New York.

JAKES POV

Honestly, I didn't know why we had to fly to New York. We lived in Maryland, which wasn't a terrible drive away from the big apple.

I stood there awkwardly as we all waited outside of the building.

"Who are we waiting for?" I whispered to Aaron and he shrugged.

"Cameron? Who are we waiting for?" Aaron nudged Cameron.

"Matt." Cameron said, his face growing dark.

I nodded and went back to awkwardly standing. Finally, Matt arrived. When he came out of his car, my heart dropped and my head spun. This was the first time since the breakup that I had seen him.

"Jake let's get a head start." Taylor took my arm and we took off.

We had to go through security and baggage check and all of those things.

Finally it was time to board the plane.

"Tay, I think I wanna sit by myself." I told him.

He looked down at me and frowned slightly.

"Ok. Just call me if you need me." He said and we got on the plane.

I found a seat in the middle section that was mostly empty. As the plane filled up, a boy my age came and sat next to me with his little brother.

"Hi! I'm Gavin!" The little boy waved at me.

"Hi I'm Jake." I smiled at him.

The boy my age looked over at me and blushed. His hair was bright red and he had freckles. He was pretty cute.

The flight attendant came over the loud speakers.

"Hello everyone. My name is Caroline and I'm your flight attendant for today. You can come to me for any questions or concerns that may follow. Stay safe and enjoy the ride. We will be taking off in five minutes." She chirped.

I took out my iPod and plugged in my headphones. I stuck them in my ears and the plane took off. About halfway there, the little boy tapped me.

"You're pretty!" He smiled, making me blush.

"Gavin sshh!" The red head boy turned almost as red as his hair and turned away from me.

"No it's fine." I laughed.

The red head boy turned back to me and relaxed a little.

"I'm Connor." He said, reaching out his hand.

"Jake." I shook it.

"Are you going to New York too?" He asked me.

"Yep. My brother's in Magcon and I'm going on tour with him." I said.

"Woa really? What's your last name? You look really familiar." Connor studied my face.

"Caniff. I have a YouTube channel and I sometimes make videos with my brother." I responded.

"That's where I know you from! I watch your videos all the time!"He snapped excitedly but then stopped and blushed.

"Not to be creepy or anything, you're just really funny." Connor explained and I giggled.

"No problem. Where are you from?" I asked him.

"Maryland." He said.

"Same! I'm from Mount Airy though."

"That's so cool! I'm from Carroll County." He said in a Carroll County accent and crossed his hands then made them into C's for Carroll County. I laughed again and before I knew it, we became really good friends.

"Oooh Let's take a picture." I took out my phone and help it up.

Connor flashed the Carroll County symbol and I cheesily held up a peace sign.

I opened up Instagram and captioned the picture: Made a new friend today😏😘

"What's your Instagram name?" I asked him.

"@connor_lax" He told me.

I tagged him and posted the picture.

@connor_lax is now following you , popped up on my screen, making me smile.

The plane finally landed and I said goodbye to Connor and Gavin.

"Before you leave, can I have your number?" Connor asked me.

I took his phone and plugged in my number.

He took mine and did the same.

"Bye Jake." Little Gavin waved to me.

"Bye Gavin." I grinned and waved back.

Connor and I fist bumped then parted our separate ways.

"Jake who was that?" Taylor came over to me and squinted at Connor and Gavin as they walked away.

"Just some friends I made on the plane." I smiled to myself.

"Ok well he better not be your boyfriend." Taylor said.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm not going to date a random person I met on the plane just a few hours ago." I rolled my eyes as we walked towards the luggage checkout.

"Whatever. Just be safe." He responded.

When we were all done with checking everything out, we headed to the taxis waiting to take us to the hotel. It started to rain and I plugged in my earbuds. The Killers blasted out from my iPod and I quietly jammed.

Yea I'm Mr.Brightside!

I sang in my head. New things were in my mind. Connor, Magcon, my friends. But there was still something in the way back that had been bugging me since I first saw him.

Matt.

Hey guys sorta a weird update. Connor is based of off my friend from school who I do not like in that way but he's just one of my good friends. I pretty much described him how he looks but he's really funny and smart. Ok thanks for over 2k! It means so much! -Jane