T w e n t y S e v e n

JAKES POV

"Jake!" I heard Hayes call from down the hall.

"Hmm?" I turned around and waited for him as he ran to catch up with me.

I hadn't talked to Hayes in awhile. We've both been caught up in our own stuff so we never had time to hang.

"Wanna grab some good from the lobby before Magcon and catch up?" He asked.

"Sure." I said and we walked over to the elevator.

Cheesy elevator music filled my ears once we had stepped into it.

"My jayum." Hayes said sarcastically and I laughed.

He pressed the lobby button and we went down. Suddenly, it lurched and we stopped.

"What happened?" Hayes asked nervously.

"I'm not sure. What floor are we on?" I looked around but we were concealed in the elevator with no windows.

"Umm...we started at 24th and now we are on...17." He said and looked at me.

"Someone will come eventually. Do you have your cell phone?" I asked.

"Well yes, but it's dead." He responded sheepishly.

"It's ok, I have mine." I dug around my pockets and took out my phone.

I started to dial Tay's number.

"Taylor?" I asked once he picked up.

"Jake, where are you? We have to leave soon." Taylor said worriedly.

"Well you see, Hayes and I were going down to the lobby and the elevator got stuck." I shuffled my feet.

"Oh! I'll call down to the lobby." He said immediately.

"Ok call me back. Bye Tay." I hung up.

"So?" Hayes asked.

"Taylor's calling the manager." I shoved my phone back into my pocket and sat down.

The elevator music was still playing in the background. It was really annoying.

"While were stuck in here, do you wanna turn on your music? Cause this sucks." Hayes sat next to me.

"Oh good idea, sure!" I pulled my phone back out and put it on shuffle.

The first few chords of Don't Stop by 5sos started to echo from my phone.

"It's this song." Hayes rolled his eyes.

I had played it for him so many times since it had been released, it was no wonder that he was tired of it.

"Oh come on, you know you love it." I grinned and stood up.

Hayes shrugged and stood up too.

"Let's have a dance party." He suggested.

I nodded and we started to jump around like idiots. I felt stupid, but luckily no one could see us.

"Don't stop doing what you're doing! Everytime you move to the beat it gets harder for me and you know it, know it, know it!" We screamed.

Hayes started to do the snorkel move and I moved my hand like a disco dancer.

The song ended a few minutes later and we collapsed with laughter.

"Nice moves there little Jacelyn." Hayes smirked.

"Don't call me that." I whined a punched his arm lightly.