T h i r t y O n e

JAKES POV

I wiped away my tears and got up from my bed to start packing.

Taylor is right, it was stupid to get back with Matt so quickly after he had hurt me. I was being an idiot.

"What are you doing?" Caitlin asked, walking out from the bathroom.

"Did you not hear Taylor?" I asked annoyed.

She looked taken aback.

"Sorry. I'm not in a good mood right now. I have to pack my stuff and my moms coming to get me soon. I'm going home." I shoved the last article of clothing into my suitcase and looked at her.

"For how long?!" She looked shocked.

"At least six Magcons. But now I kinda just want to sit the rest of the tour out. I'm not allowed to talk to any of the guys except the ones I'm related to." I rolled my eyes at the last part.

"So you're leaving me alone?" She looked at me.

"Uh yea I guess." I shrugged.

"Guys! Guys come here we kinda have an emergency." Cameron ran into our room anxiously.

"Whats up?" I asked.

"Well.... Taylor kinda did.... A thing." He bit his lip.

"Oh no." I zipped up my suitcase and we all ran over to where Cameron led us.

The first thing I saw was blood. It wasn't a lot, but still enough to cause someone a good amount of pain.

Then I saw Matt lying on the ground with the blood, unconscious.

"Taylor what did you do?!" I searched for my brother, my voice getting louder as I spoke.

"Jake before you say anything I'm just gonna say that-" Taylor started, with his hands raised in the air.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I screamed at him.

"I'm just gonna call an ambulance or something?" Carter interrupted and back out of the room.

"You see I kinda got mad and...uh.... Well I got mad and I punched him." Taylor said guiltily.

"How many times?" I glared at him.

"Twice- I- I didn't think it would knock him out though!" He cried.

"Taylor I hate you. Why don't you go be someone else's sibling? Cause you aren't my brother." I said quietly and the room fell into a hush.

"Jake-" Taylor tried but I stormed out and down to the lobby with my suitcase.

When I got there I walked out the front doors and outside. I sat on the curb and waited, hoping my mom would be here soon. But she had a three hour drive in front of her.

An ambulance pulled up and two guys walked inside.

"Upstairs!" I called to them and they hurried away.

I turned on my phone as I waited.

The text from Connor still sat there unopened, tempting me to open it.

So I did.

TO CONNOR🗿:

Hey

After that I turned my phone off. I heard footsteps behind me but I figured it was just the ambulance guys.

"Hey Jake wanna talk?" Hayes (to my surprise) sat down next to me on the curb.

"Not really." I replied.

He nodded and we sat in silence.

But then my phone vibrated ruining the silence.

FROM CONNOR🗿:

So... About the kiss... Did you feel the sparks too?

Honestly I didn't. But I couldn't say that to him.

TO CONNOR🗿:

Yea

Then I turned off my phone. It was gonna stay off for awhile.

"Who are you texting?" Hayes asked.

"Annabeth." I lied.

Hayes face brightened up at the name of his girlfriend.

"Tell her I say hi!" He grinned.

"I will." I smiled.

And I did.

"Well I'm going inside but Matt is up. He's not happy but he's up." Hayes stood up front the sidewalk and smiled at me.

"Taylor really is just trying to help you. Even though he's overly helpful, it's for a good cause." Hayes hugged me then walked inside.

I sat back down on the sidewalk. The air was crisp and windy since it was night time and I pulled my legs closer to my body to conserve heat.

There was no way I was going back in that hotel.

Finally after hours my mom pulled up next to the curb.

"Ready honey?" She asked kindly getting out of the car and hugging me.

"I'm ready." I hugged her back and got in.

We started to drive away and as I looked back I saw Taylor standing sadly in the lobby.

Then I drifted off to sleep.

Update! It's not great but it's a filler so there ya go. I'll try to update soon because this doesn't really have any exciting events so yea. -Jane