E l e v e n

JAKES POV

Homecoming was 5 days away and Matt still hadn't asked me to go yet. We've been dating for about two weeks now, he always comes to my soccer practices and games then we go out for ice cream or something else after that.

All of my other friends had been asked to homecoming. Cameron asked Hannah, Hayes asked Annabeth, Carter asked Kate, Shawn and Caitlin, Aaron and Emily.

Everyday they told me that Matt was gonna ask me soon. But he never did.

"Hey Jake.", Matt came around the corner and slung his arm around my shoulders as we walked to period 3.

"Hey." I said.

"Do you have practice tonight?" He asked.

"No. I don't think so." I responded.

"Ok, well can you meet me there anyways? I have to show you something." We walked into period 3.

"Sure." I shrugged and sat down at my desk.

After period 3, the day went by pretty fast.

When the final bell rang signaling that the day was over, I ran out to my bus.

"Jake!" I heard someone call and I turned around.

"Hey Kate!" I said.

"Guess what?!" She ran up to me.

"Hmm?"

"I know what I'm wearing to homecoming!" Kate squealed.

"Awesome!" I tried to sound excited for her.

"Matts gonna ask you soon I promise!" She could tell I was upset so she hugged me.

"I got to go. Text me?" She said than ran to her bus.

When I got home I received a text from Matt.

From: Matt💁

Meet me at the park by 5?

To: Matt💁

Sounds good

Sent.

I sighed and looked at the clock.

4:15.

"Hey Taylor?" I called.

"What?" He yelled back.

"Can you drop me off at the park around 5?" I asked.

"Yea sure why?" Taylor walked into the room and sat down next to me on our couch.

"Matt wanted to show me something." I shrugged.

"Ok." Taylor really excepted that Matt and I were dating and he was handling it well. I was impressed.

At 4:55 Taylor and I hopped into his car.

He turned the radio on to a country station, but I changed it to my music because I didn't know any of the country songs.

"HOW DID WE END UP TALKING, IN THE FIRST PLACE? SHE SAID SHE LIKED MY COBAIN SHIRT!" I yelled out the chorus of End Up Here by 5sos.

Taylor rolled his eyes but eventually couldn't help it and sang along.

We jammed out until we got to the park.

"And das mah jayum." He concluded as we pulled in.

I laughed and got out of the car.

"Text me when you're ready to go home." He said and hugged me.

"Ok bye." I said and walked away.

I wondered what Matt had to show me. He'd been working on his soccer skills so that we could practice together, so maybe he had learned a new move.

As I walked up the hill to the soccer fields, I heard a band playing a little bit away from where I was headed.

I smiled. It sounded like the same band that played when Matt and I had slow danced across the field.

Finally, I reached the top.

I looked around to see wear he was. My eyes widened when I saw him standing in the middle of the field right in front of me with a tuxedo and a rose.

I walked closer and saw that a bunch of soccer balls were placed around him.

When I finally reached the field, I could see the placement of the soccer balls.

H

O

C

I silently tried to analyze the word that the soccer balls were arranged as.

Finally I spelled out HOMECOMING?

My stomach fluttered.

Matt walked over and got down on one knee.

"Will you, Jake Caniff, accompany me to the Homecoming dance?" He placed his hand out with the rose in it.

I could still hear the band playing in the background, the wind was blowing softly. It was so pretty outside that it made everything seem even more perfect.

"I would love to." I smiled at him and took the rose.

"I can't wait." He stood up then pulled me close to him.

We danced around the field, laughing and joking around just like that first night.

When we stopped, I was still laughing and he looked at me seriously.

"Jake, I could not even begin to tell you how these last 2 weeks have been with you. You're so amazing and pretty and great at everything you do. Your personality is so cute and wonderful and you make me so happy. I think your laugh is adorable, your eyes are beautiful, and you are always so happy. All of theses things have made me realize that, I really like you Jake Caniff. I like you a whole lot. You're incredible and I never want to loose you. I know we've only been dating for two weeks, but those two weeks have been the best two weeks of my life. You're not only my girlfriend, but you're my best friend. I can tell you anything and everything. Thank you so much for everything you've helped me through. You're amazing." Matt said.

That was literally the most wonderful thing anyone has ever said to me. I didn't know what to say so, being the awkward person I am, I just stood there and smiled at him. Suddenly, before I knew what I was doing, I kissed him.

Thunder clapped and rain started to pour down as we kissed. The band stopped playing but I didn't care. I never wanted this moment to end.

Finally we broke apart and I shivered. Matt took of his jacket and draped it around my shoulders.

"Matthew Espinosa, I think you're pretty swell too. Thank you so much for being my best friend and much more. I couldn't of asked for anyone better."

Ok guys so yay #jatt ! I may do a double update but idk this was kinda long to write. Be prepared for drama at Homecomg though ;) haha.

-Jane