Chapter 1

"Hey, Eli!" I heard the familiar voice of my best friend, Dani, ring out through my halls. I paused for a moment and quickly thought to myself, 'where the fuck is she?' I stood up and began to make my way down the hall, peeking my head into every room until I reached the end. I slowly looked through my bedroom door and see her on my bed.

"How the... What the... What?" I stuttered, running my hands through my thick black hair. Dani looked up at me and smiled, tilting her head down.

"Hello, love." She whispered loudly. I stood there and stuttered, occasionally pointing to the window then back at the door with a confused look plastered on my face.

"How did you..?" I finally spoke.

"Window."

I paused for a moment. "You crawled in through my window?"

"Yeah." She replied very nonchalantly.

".... The window?"

"Mhm."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"Good point." I finished trying to get an actual answer out of her. There was really no point, as she'd just continue to give me very vague answers. That's Dani. She's a hyper, bubbly, loud, and strange person. I sighed sat down next to her.

"So... Why are you here? I mean, no offense. I love you and all, but," I paused for a moment. "the window? Really?"

She gave me a look of disgust, but made it clear that she was joking by smiling after a few seconds.

"I'm bored, really bored, you're pretty fun... Also I wanted to tell you that my brother hired some British kid, and he's super hot." She said, excitement spreading over her face.

I slowly shook my head. "I understand the whole 'bored' part, but I don't really get the 'hot British boy' part."

"What isn't there to understand?"

I sighed and gave her a soft smile. "Stop trying to hook me up with people."

"You've been single for YEARS!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms up into the air in attempt to further emphasize her point.

"It's been 11 months." I rolled my eyes.

"Either way, you've been single way too long. Don't you at least want to know more about this guy?"

"No, not really." I sighed and mentally prepared myself to listen to Dani talking endlessly about something I couldn't care less about. I was pretty used to it by now. It's one of those things where if she isn't talking your ear off, then there's something seriously wrong.

Dani smiled and sat up. "Alright, so I got to meet him the other day when I went to visit Geoff and I found out he's living with him now," She shook her head quickly, as if to shake the topic out of her head. "Not the point. Anyway, I went to visit Fuckface and he introduced me to this guy, Gavin. Now, Gavin and I didn't really talk that much because I was off dicking around with Millie, but I got a pretty good vibe from him. He's fairly tall, has great hair, soft voice, a very charming accent, attractive face... What isn't there to love?"

I stopped listening at that point. I just kinda stared at her and started thinking about how much time she's wasting, and, well, time in general. Where did the concept of time come from? Was it always there, or...? Who invented time? What if night is actually day and day is actually night and the guy who figured them out just fucked it up? What is Daylight Savings time? What does that determine? I've never understood the entire conc-

"Eli!" Dani shouted, bringing me back into reality. "Are you even listening to me?"

"To be honest, no." I replied.

She groaned. "Well, the important part is that I invited him over to hang out tonight." She finished. I paused for a moment, trying to comprehend what Dani had just told me.

"Why, why would you do that without asking me? This isn't even your house!" I groaned rather loudly.

Dani gave me a big smile. "You'll thank me later."

I sighed and buried my face in my hands, beginning to stress out. I look up at her hazily and rested my elbows on my knees, my palms pressed into my cheeks. "What time is he supposed to be here? Is it just going to be What'sHisFuck?"

"Yeah, just him, and around 5." Dani shrugged, still smiling slightly. I'm starting to think she's doing this just to frustrate me. I mean, she has good intentions, or, had good intentions, but now I'm pretty sure she just does this to annoy me.

"What time is it now?" I ask, closing my eyes and inhaling deeply.

Dani glanced at her watch. "4:32."

"Why would you do this to me." I said with blandly.

"Like I said, you'll thank me later. Now, come on, we have to get you ready." She squealed and sprang up, grabbing my arm and pulling me up with her.

"We're hanging out, not going out. I don't need to "get ready"." I argued.

"At least put on something cute. For me?" She pleaded, looking up at me with her wide eyed browns, giving me the infamous 'puppy dog face'. I looked down at what I was wearing. I was dressed for my traditional 'Lazy Sunday', gray sweatpants, a black tanktop, and my hair disheveled. It wasn't bad, to me it was perfect attire for just sitting around the house and hanging out. Dani continued to pout, whimpering every few seconds.

"Fine." I agreed with subtle anger. She squealed and let go of my wrist. She sprinted to my closet and started going through my clothes, picking out shirts, comparing them, then tossing them directly on my newly cleaned floor. I gave her a stern look that she obviously didn't notice because she was engrossed in finding an outfit.

"I don't want to do this." I complained.

"Yes, you do." She decided.

"No, I really don't."

Dani rolled her eyes and sighed, making sure to make it as loud and as noticeable as possible. I returned to my seat on the bed and watched her dig through mounds of clothes that I haven't worn in ages. Not a word between us was spoken, except for the occasional "Hmm...", and, "No, no." that Dani muttered to herself while comparing outfits. 'How long is this going to take?' I thought to myself. I started to doze off when she emerged from my closet with a pair of black jeans and a black tanktop with a band logo on it. She gave me a large smile and dumped the clothes onto my lap.

"Okay," I spoke softly. "what's next?"

"Well, a lot, but since I'm your friend and I love you, we can be done." She answered.

"Oh, thank God." I gave a sigh of relief.