Chapter 27

I awoke to the sound of Gavin shuffling around in his sleep. I sat up and smiled down upon him. I softly shook his shoulder, trying to wake him up. He brought his hands up to his eyes and rubbed them tiredly, then our eyes locked.

"Well, good morning to you, beautiful." He smiled.

"Shut the fuck up." I joked, standing up and picking my cake covered dress up off the floor and sliding it onto my body. Gavin rolled out of bed and walked into the kitchen as I followed.

"I'm assuming you want coffee?' Gavin asked with his head in a cupboard.

"Uh, duh." I laughed as I took a seat at his small dining table and watched as Gavin made coffee for the both of us. When it was finished brewing, he brought over two mugs and sat across from me.

"It sounds like it's raining." Gavin commented tiredly.

"I think it is." I responded as I looked out the window to se rain pelting hard against it.

"Isn't your performance today?"

"Fuck, it is." I groaned and placed my head in my hands.

"It's probably going to be canceled. It's an outdoor venue." I groaned once more, feeling stressed.

"Wow, that sucks." Gavin replied, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, it does." I replied, "That's the second time that's happened. I wish we could just get an indoor venue."

"Why don't you ask?"

"It's too late now, and we aren't big enough for an indoor venue around here. They're all for the bigger bands and performances." I said tiredly as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Hey, it'll be alright." Gavin assured me, placing a hand on my shoulder as I looked out the window and took a large sip of my coffee. "Wanna go see a movie instead?"

I thought for a moment before responding with, "Let's go dick around at the mall instead. I need some new clothes anyway." I chuckled.

"Yeah, that's an awesome idea. Let me get ready and we'll go?" Gavin said excitedly, standing up.

"I'll be here." I said as he jogged into his room to get dressed. When Gavin returned I remembered that I didn't have my keys, or car.

"Gavin, we have a problem. I don't have the car." I said softly as Gavin returned to his seat across from me and finishing off his coffee.

"Yeah, that does sound like a problem. Well, wanna just watch movies here?"

"I'm still going to need to get home. I'll text Dani to bring the car over. Oh, shit, but how will she get home?"

"Geoff." Gavin shrugged. "Here, I'll call him and ask him to get your car from Michael's, and tell Dani to drive over here and then he can take her back. Sound like a plan?"

"Go for it. I'll just be here." I spoke just above and rested my head in my hands. I watched Gavin as he dialed Geoff's number and asked him. He looked up at me and nodded with the phone pressed up against his ear, probably telling me that he got the 'okay'.

"He'll be here in about 30 minutes." Gavin said, hanging up and giving me a soft smile.

"Hey, it'll be alright." Gavin said after he noticed that I was majorly stressing over the whole performance thing.

"You don't understand, I need that extra money to help pay the bills. A lot of times my designs never really make it and I get a max of like, 200 a month. Rent isn't inexpensive." I groaned and shifted my weight slightly, taking another large sip from my coffee.

"Do you need help with paying rent?" Gavin asked, clearly concerned.

"No, I can do it. I have too much pride." I shook my head softly. "Don't worry about it, I'll get over it."

"But I hate seeing you sad." Gavin pouted. I chuckled softly and finished off my coffee, standing up to get a refill.

"I'm not sad, I'm just stressed about the whole money thing. It's alright for this month, and probably next as well, because of the designs and the offer I got a few weeks ago." I sighed and returned to my seat, anxiously bouncing my leg up and down. After I was seated, Geoff walked in through the front door.

"So much for knocking." Gavin chuckled.

"Car's here. Good luck." Geoff smiled at me and waved to Gavin before turning around and leaving.

"Does he always do that?" I asked Gavin, smiling softly.

"Yeah. He doesn't really have a reason to stay here." Gavin shrugged and stood up to go and refill his mug.

 "Hey, Gavin, do you mind if I go home in a bit?" I asked softly, looking up at Gavin.

"Yeah, it's cool. Wanna do something until then?"

"For sure. Got any board games?"

"No, but I have UNO."

"No way. Let's do it!" I fist pumped excitedly and shot up, moving into the living room and taking a seat as I watched Gavin chuckle and shake his head slowly, then disappear into his room. He returned moments later and sat across from me, starting to shuffle the cards. He dealt out 10 cars for me and 10 card for him.

"Alright, go." He smiled.

I put down my card and waited for him to finish his turn. That was when I started to get competitive. I threw down a skip a turn card.

"Skip a turn." I said softly, then placed down another skip card.

Then another.

"Okay, this is starting to get a little too much." Gavin chuckled as I threw down another card, then finished my turn with a blue card.

"That was intense." Gavin smiled and took his turn. We played through 3 games, and I won all of them.

"You may be good at pool, but UNO is my game." I chuckled and stood up to go put on my shoes. "Let's go." I said as I twirled my keys around on my index finger. Gavin laughed and stood up as well, then followed me out the door.