Chapter 15

We walked into the front doors and were greeted with a blast of cold air. Dani began to shiver. I untied the sweater around my waist and tossed it to her.

"Thanks." She said.

"No problem." I replied as we walked past one of Dani's favorite stores.

"Ooh! Let's go here!" She said excitedly, turning around and skipping into the store. I shook my head and followed her. She stopped at a clothing rack and began to shuffle through.

"Are we just window shopping?" Dani asked.

"Nah, but I don't have that much, so we can't get a lot."

"Booo." Dani groaned, still looking through all of the clothes. I went over to one of the benches in the corner of the store and took a seat. When Dani was finished, she ran up to me, full of excitement.

"How much?" I sighed.

"25." She smiled. I sighed again and stood up, walking over to the register. I pulled out my wallet while she happily handed the outfit to the cashier. After we had paid, Dani ran in front of me, waiting patiently by the doors as I slowly caught up.

"Let's get something to eat." She said, walking besides me.

"What do you want to get?" I asked, pulling out a 10$ bill.

"Ice cream?" She suggested.

"Sure, why not." I replied as we walked into the food court. I handed Dani the bill and she ran off to get us ice cream. I wandered around, looking for a table. While searching, I felt my pocket buzz. I pulled out my phone and read the message from Dani, still walking.

What flavor do yo- I felt myself bump into someone, I turned around and began to sputter out an apology, until I noticed who it was. I smiled.

"Oh, hey, Gavin." I greeted.

"Watch where you're going, you smeggy little smegpot!" Gavin smiled back at me.

"Oh, you shush. How are you?" I asked, shifting my weight.

"I'm good, yourself?" He continued to smile.

"I'm alright." I replied as I sat down at the table that was next to us. Gavin sat down across from me and set his elbows on the table.

"What're you doing here?" He asked.

"Just dicking around with Dani. She's getting ice cream for me." I answered.

"I see. I'm just here to get a suit for Michael and Lindsay's wedding."

"They're getting married?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, the weddings in about a week. Wanna be my plus one?"

"For sure, I'd love to." I smiled.

"Awesome, the wedding's on the 23rd."

"Alright, well, I got to get back to Dani. I'll call you, alright?" I said, standing up.

"Yeah, I'll be waiting." Gavin smiled as he stood up as well, pulling me into a warm hug and softly placing his lips on mine before turning around and walking away from the food court. I smiled to myself and turned around to see Dani standing behind me with two ice cream cones in her hands and her jaw wide open.

“What was that?” She asked.

“I just ran into Gavin.” I shrugged, taking a cone from her hand.

“He just... Kissed you!” Dani squealed, placing a hand over her mouth in attempt to muffle her squeals.

“Please, don’t do this in public.” I groaned as Dani hopped up and down excitedly.