Chapter 2

After dressing, I left my room and made my way into the living room, where I found Dani sitting quite comfortably on the couch with her eyes glued to the television.  I walked over and moved her legs to the side before taking a seat.

“What are you watching?” I asked.

“Some stupid documentary.” She mumbled, still watching.

“Looks intense.”

"You know, he's going to be here any minute now." Dani reminded me.

"I'm aware." I said grimly. After I finished my reply, there was a knock on the door.

"How did you do that?" Dani's eye widened.

"Coincidence." I muttered. Dani stared at me for a few moments.

"...What?" I finally asked.

"Are you going to answer the door?" She asked, irritated.

"Nope." Dani huffed and quickly stood up. She stormed over to the door and swung it open.

"Hi!" She smiled. "Come on in."

"Uh, hey." Gavin said, walking in awkwardly.

"You can just take a seat over there on the couch." She said while walking over to the love seat and laid down, still smiling.

Gavin took a seat next to me. "I'm assuming you're Eli?" he asked. I nodded.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled and held out his hand. I smiled in return and shook his hand.

"So.... What do you guys want to do?" Dani asked in a sing song voice.

I shrugged and looked at Gavin.

"Don't look at me, I've got nothing." He replied softly before flashing a large grin. There was a moment of silence.

"Well, fuck you guys. I'm gonna go take a shower.. Later, nerds." Dani said while standing up and walking down the hall, disappearing into my bathroom.

I rolled my eyes. "So, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm doing quite well, yourself?" Gavin replied.

"Eh, been better."

"Why's that?" Gavin turned his body towards me and rested his elbows on his knees.

"I don't know. I don't really do much. I just kinda sit at home all day on the internet."

"What do you do?"

"Oh, I create websites."

Gavin nodded and looked around the living room a bit.

"I'm assuming you're into video games." He said, pointing out my xBox.

"Yeah, but I mainly play PC."

"What games?"

"Fallout 3, Portal, Halo, Assassin's Creed, and a lot more that I'm too lazy to name off."

"Man, I love Fallout. Such a great game."

My face lit up. "I know! It has to be my most played game."

"Wait... Favorite companion?"

"Charon. It's just gotta be Charon. Yours?"

"I love Charon, but I'm gonna have to go with Dogmeat."

"Oh, come on!" I exclaimed.

"What?" Gavin chuckled softly.

"Dogmeat doesn't count!" I smiled. "He's the best. He's at the top. He's literally top dog."