Chapter 13

My hands still shook and my heart still raced as Gavin and I watched Netflix. I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened and how embarrassing it was. That was awful, but at least Gavin understands. Ugh, why do I have to be like this. I thought, messing around with the hem of my shirt again. I look over at Gavin and notice him looking at me.

"What's up?" I ask, my voice slightly shaking.

"Nothing." He smiled at me. I raised my eyebrows and looked past him, looking at the clock. 3:47am, Jesus.

"You're so pretty." Gavin smiled.

"Shut up." I blushed, looking down at my hands.

"No, really." He grinned and put his arm around me, pulling me close. I snuggled up into him, smiling into his shirt.

"Are we going to sleep tonight?" I asked softly.

"Don't think so. Do you want to?"

"Not really."

"Well, what do you want to do?"

"I want to listen to music." I smiled wide.

"Sure, got music on your phone?" Gavin asked while getting up and pulling up an AUX cable that was laying on the floor.

"Duh." I replied as I pulled my phone out and handed it to Gavin. He plugged my phone in and pressed play, setting the phone on the coffee table. I sat up and brought my knees up to my chest, softly singing along to the Green Day song that was playing.

"This is a good song." Gavin commented, leaning back.

"Yeah, it was one of the first songs I learned on the guitar."

"Really? You should play it for me." Gavin smiled wide and stood up, then disappeared down the hall before I could protest. He returned moments later with an acoustic guitar.

"I didn't know you played." I said as he sat next to me and handed me the guitar.

"I don't. I've been meaning to learn." He shrugged.

I held the guitar and stared at Gavin for a moment.

"Well, play." He smiled, waiting patiently.

I held the neck of the guitar with my left hand and place my fingers on the appropriate frets. I shook my head softly and began to strum along to the song that way playing. I took a deep breath and began to sing quietly, softly strumming the strings. I could almost hear Gavin grinning as he leaned over and paused the song, slightly throwing me off. I regained my place and continued playing, shaking my leg nervously while I played the song through the end.

"That was really good!" Gavin applauded as I set the guitar down on the floor.

"Eh, not the best." I shrugged.

"Shut up, that was awesome." Gavin smiled at me. He leaned over once again and began playing the song again.

"You really think so?"

"Of course, Eli, you're wicked talented."

I smiled at him for a moment, then looked down at my hands.

"Hey, uhm," I started playing with the hem of my shirt again, "would you like to come see my cover band perform in a few weeks?" I asked softly.

“Yeah, of course!” He replied, smiling.

“Awesome.” I smiled back at him. I was about to tell him when, but then my phone vibrated, stealing my attention away from him. I picked up my phone and checked the messages.

“What’s it say?” Gavin asked, leaning in towards me, attempting to read the message over my shoulder.

“Nosy. It’s Dani. She heard a noise and she’s scared. I gotta go.” I frowned.

“Aw, really?” Gavin pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head, “Staaaaaay.” He whined.

“I can’t. She wont leave me alone until I go help her. I’m really sorry.”

“Fine.” Gavin sighed and released me after placing another kiss upon the top of my head.

“It was nice seeing you again.” I smiled as I stood up, making my way to the door. Gavin followed and replied with a soft smile before pulling me into another hug.

“Text me.” I called out of my window as I pulled out of the driveway.