Chapter 26

Later that night, Geoff had taken the both of us to Gavin’s and we were now stitting in bed, watching movies and cuddling. there was no other light in the room except for the TV screen and the moonlight spilling in through the curtains. Gavin snaked his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him, resting his head in the crook of my neck. I kicked my feet up into his lap and linked my arms around his neck.

"Did you have fun?" He asked, planting another soft kiss on my cheek.

"I actually did. To be honest, I was pretty anxious." I chuckled, looking into Gavin's eyes.

"I'm glad. That was really fun. Especially the cake." Gavin ended his sentence with a soft giggle, then held me tighter.

"Yeah, that was completely unexpected."

"It was still fun though. That has to be the most exciting wedding I've ever attended."

"I'm glad you invited me." I whispered softly.

"I'm glad I met you." Gavin replied as he moved his head up and gave me a soft kiss on my cheek, then turned me over and hovered above me. I gave him a smile as he kissed various places on my face and neck. He planted one last kiss on my nose and smiled down upon me.

“I love you, Elijah Strathmore, you know that? I’ve been falling for you since the moment we met. I just don't know how to describe the feeling I get when I'm with you. I thought at first that you wouldn't like me, and to be honest, I'm still not sure if you like me. But I just had to tell you. I love you."

I looked up at him and couldn’t help but blush bright red. I was speechless after hearing those three words aloud, putting everything into perspective. Why was I so stupid to hide my feelings from myself? I thought to myself, I should have listened to Dani. I mean, for once she was actually right. That doesn't happen very often, but because of her I'm finally happy.

Before I could reply, he moved his face closer to mine again and pressed his lips firmly to mine. The flush remained on my cheeks as I kissed him back, my lips tracing the pattern of his, once again familiarizing myself with how they felt. They felt like they belonged there. They seemed to mold to mine perfectly. He pulled away from the kiss and looked down on my, smiling like a goon. 

"What's with the look?" I laughed, running my hand through his hair. 

Gavin threw his head down, "I don't know, this is just.. Awesome." He chuckled once more and snuggled into me before locking my lips within his once again. 

We kissed, and in my drunken state, I swore I could see stars. Maybe it was the glow from the TV screen, maybe it was in my mind. All I knew that this moment was perfect, and I didn’t want it to end. Gavin seemed to think that too as he smiled against my lips, kissing me deeper.

My heart lept and twisted as adrenaline rushed through my veins. Gavin lowered himself and pressed his chest against mine, sending chills down my spine. It was like a bunch of fireworks just went off in my chest. My stomach was littered with butterflies and my hands shook as I brought them up and softly ran them through his hair again. I shuddered with every touch, feeling more and more alive as excitement and lust filled my body. 

Gavin pulled back from the kiss and smiled once again, placing his hand on my side to unzip my dress. His hands slowly running along my stomach and caressing my skin in the process. I blushed at the light touch of his hands, my sensitive skin tingling at his very touch. My face lifted slightly at the same time that his leant down to meet mine, our lips joining in a slow, passionate kiss once again as he slid my dress off and carelessly tossed it onto the floor beside us.

He laid his body down slowly but gently onto mine as I brought my arms up to link around his neck. I pulled him down closer to me, our bodies molding together as we continue to kiss. His hips slowly began to grind down into mine, his breath deepening slightly as we kissed. A slight moan escaped my lips, my hips grinding back into his slowly.

I leaned my forehead against his, looking into his eyes as we kissed. He looked right back, as if he could see through my eyes and into my mind, and all he did was smile that contagious smile of his. I smiled back at him and pulled him down to me, kissing and cuddling with him lovingly into the early hours of the night.