Chapter 5

"Nah, it's at Reiley's, close to the mall." I spoke softly into my phone. It was 6:54pm, and I was on the phone talking with Dani, hoping to receive a little pep talk before I went out.

"Oh, I gotcha. Be there in a minute." 

"No, Dani, that isn't-" I paused for a moment, "The bitch just hung up on me." I gave out a frustrated sigh and tossed my phone on to the bed. I made my way into the bathroom to wash my face. Staring at my reflection, I noticed how much I was shaking. I didn't know it was possible for somebody to be this nervous. I inhaled deeply and moved back to my bedroom, forgetting entirely that I was going to wash my face. I took a seat on the foot of the bed and let out a long, exasperated sigh.

"I'm not prepared for this." I mumbled, burying my face in my hands. I heard my front door open and I slowly lifted my head from my palms, looking out into the hallway to see Dani making her way to my room. 

"Sup, fucker." She sung, dancing into my room.

"Hello." I groaned tiredly. 

"What's up with you?" 

"I'm nervous as hell."

Dani gave a knowing smile, making it clear that the only thing she was thinking was, "Yeah, you like him." 

I shook my head and stood up, "Don't say it." I said sternly, walking over to my dresser to search for an outfit. 

"Okay, so since it's out to a bar," Dani started, taking a seat on my bed. "You should probably just go with casual wear, so what you normally wear." Dani was like, the fashion God. If you ever need advice on what to wear, she's the one to ask. I dug through the dresser drawer and pulled out a pair of black jeans and a tank top. I shrugged and tossed the clothes onto my bed. 

"Is that all right?" I asked, motioning towards the balled up outfit. 

"Yeah, it's good. Wish you would try a little harder, mix things up a bit." She smiled and tossed me my belt.

"Gracias." I thanked her as I was pulling the shirt over my head. I finished getting dressed and began to walk back into the bathroom to do my make up. 

"What do you think?" I called out to Dani. Within moments she was leaning against the door frame to the bathroom. 

"Again, casual. Wouldn't go too overboard with the eyeliner, I know you like to do that." 

"Shut up." I chuckled as I began to put on eyeliner, a lot less than I normally would for Dani's sake. 

"How's this?" I asked, presenting myself to Dani.

"Perfect. Well, not perfect, but perfect enough." She smiled. 

"That didn't even make sense."

"It doesn't have to. So, looks like we're done. When's the thing?" Dani asked, jogging into my room and hopping onto my bed. I slowly walked in, taking a seat next to her. 

"Around 7. I'm thinking I should leave around 7:30." I said nonchalantly. 

"Yeah. Nothing wrong with being a little late. What time is it now?" Dani asked. 

I picked up my phone off of the bed and checked the time, "7:23." I answered. 

"Wow, already? That's weird." 

"Time flies when you're having fun."

"That's not what I would call fun."

"Yeah, me neither, but to some people, I guess."

Dani shrugged. "Makes sense."

I flashed a smile at her and decided to get something to eat. 

"You want anything? I'm thinking about making myself a bowl of cereal or something." I asked Dani, beginning to make my way towards the kitchen. 

Dani shot up like a bottle rocket. "NO NO! Don't eat anything!" Dani shouted, running after me. I stopped in the hall way. 

"Why?" I gave her a puzzled look. 

"Because, you're probably going to be eating there, you don't want to fill yourself up!" Dani lowered her voice to a quiet roar. 

"Oh, okay, mom." I huffed and jogged to the door, putting on my shoes. 

"You're leaving already?" Dani asked, taking a seat on the arm of my couch. 

"Yeah, why not?" I asked, feeling a lot more confident about the situation.

"Because it isn't 7:30." She smiled sarcastically at me.

"It's 7:29. Go fuck yourself." I chuckled and headed out the door.