Chapter 3

I led Gavin back to the couch and made my way to the kitchen to grab a drink for myself.

“You want anything to drink?” I called out to Gavin with my head in the fridge.

“Sure, what do you have?” Gavin replied. I could hear that he had turned on the TV. I forgot he still had the remote. I closed the fridge door with my foot and ran into the living room, setting two cans of Mountain Dew on the coffee table.

“Mountain Dew.” I flashed a smile at Gavin and quickly picking up the remote, returning to the Netflix menu.

“Fuck you and your movie. You’ve lost your remote privileges.” I said sternly.

“But Eli!” Gavin whined.

“What? What, Gavin?” I said, irritated. Gavin began to pout.

“Oh, no. That bullshit isn’t going to work on me.” Gavin continued to pout. I placed my hand in the middle of his face and shoved his head back. He let out a soft chuckle as I put on some cartoons, then sat down on the remote, making sure he won’t get a hold of it. As soon as I got comfortable, Dani comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body, screaming and swearing.

“What the fuck was that all about?!” She screamed at me, pointing towards the bathroom, “Don’t you have any fucking manners?!” Trying to hold back my laughter, I muttered an apology.

“How could you do that?!” She continued to yell.

“Dude, you don’t even live here.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, but that still doesn’t mean you can just barge into the bathroom while someone is taking a shower!”

“Well, maybe that someone should have closed the door all the way.” I argued.

Dani stood there and stuttered, “Yeah, well, that still doesn’t signify anything!”

"Calm down. I’m sorry, it was an accident. Chill.”

“I will not “chill”. Do you have any idea how embarrassing that was?!”

Gavin looked up at Dani, “I truly am sorry, Dani. It was an accident.”

Dani shook her head, “No, Gavin, it wasn’t your fault.”

“Actually, it was.” Gavin continued. I kept quiet, curious to how this was going to play out.

Dani shifted her weight and spoke in a soft irritated tone, “Fine, explain to me exactly how it was your fault.”

“I was the one who took the remote, Eli was just trying to get it back.” Gavin pouted. Dani huffed and shook her head, retreating back down the hall into my room. She slammed the door and gave out a very audible groan.

“That was quite the scene.” Gavin commented, turning his body towards me.

“Yeah, that’s Dani for you. She’s an emotional roller coaster.” I chuckled, taking a drink from my can of Mountain Dew.

“That must be really irritating.”

“Eh, you get used to it. It doesn’t happen as much as you think it does.” I shrugged.

“That was ridiculous, though. It was obviously an accident.”

“Again, that’s Dani.” I gave out a small laugh. “You guys, that was so embarrassing!” I cried out in a high pitched tone, mocking her. Gavin giggled and joined in, “But that doesn't signify anything!” We both erupted with laughter. Gavin would squeal every now and then, making the both of us laugh harder. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and curled into a ball.

“It hurts, it hurts.” Gavin squealed.

“God damnit Gavin, don’t you have any manners?!” I managed, still mocking Dani. Gavin went quiet for a moment, then continued laughing. I could feel my face turning red. “I can’t breathe!” I laughed, trying to get a hold of my self.

“SHUT UP!” Dani yelled from my room, making the both of us laugh harder. I leaned back and took deep breaths, still laughing. When we both calmed down enough to breathe, Dani stormed out of my room, fully dressed.

“I can’t believe you guys. You’re so mean.” She hissed, stomping into the kitchen, exaggerating her anger. Gavin giggled slightly and moved in closer to me. “Shut up, you guys are so mean.” He whispered in my ear. I exploded into another uncontrollable fit of laughter. “Dude, don’t do that to me,” I whispered back. “I’m gonna pee.” Gavin chuckled and looked at the TV as I looked up at the clock. 

"Hey, Gavin, it's getting pretty late. What time is Geoff going to be here?" I asked. 

"Good question," Gavin muttered, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Oh, looks like he's been here for about 10 minutes now." Gavin chuckled, showing me the unread texts from Geoff. 

"Haha, hope he doesn't leave you behind." I smiled at Gavin as I got up and opened the door for him. 

"I had a good time, thanks for inviting me over." Gavin smiled.

"Yeah, me too, we should do this again sometime." I said. Gavin waved awkwardly and jogged outside.