Chapter 19

I sat there for a good 30 minutes reading the email over and over and occasionally letting out an excited "Eep". I picked my phone up from the coffee table and checked the message from Dani that I had gotten earlier. 

Hey man, I invited Gavin for you so you can go back to being "Responsible." 

I softly smiled and replied with a smiley emote, then returned to work. For the next few hours I played around with designing a few layouts and emailing them out to customers.

I should plan tomorrow, I thought, figure out what all is going to happen. I guess I'll get up the same time as I did today and work until around 10, then get ready and go pick up Gavin. Dani will probably be here already so I don't have to worry about bringing extra money for gas. We hang out at the fair for a bit, dick around and go on a few rides, then home. I'll drop Gavin off and hopefully Dani as well, then come home and get some more work done. I'll probably go to bed around 11 or something. I made a face and returned to work. After finishing my 3rd project, I stretched out my arms and yawned, then placed my laptop to the side of me. 

I stood up and stretched once more, then walked into the kitchen with my half full cup of cold coffee and refilled it. I tossed it into the microwave for a few minutes and rummaged through the fridge until the microwave beeped and caught my attention. I retrieved my coffee and went back to my place on the couch. I should take a break. I yawned again and picked up the remote and turned on Netflix. I checked the clock. Fuck, already 8pm? That's crazy. I picked a random show and kicked my feet up onto the coffee table, setting my glass down and picking up my laptop, going back to work. 

Control X, control V, enter. Control A, control C, control V, shift, right click. I thought over and over while designing a new template. I could just download a new one. I sighed. But that takes way too long, and I only have a few more hours until I need to head to bed. I groaned, looking at the clock again, staring at the wall next to it.

"I don't want to do this." I whined, returning my attention to the laptop screen. I sat still and stared at my options tab for a good 5 minutes until I finally decided to close the lid to my laptop and invite Dani over. I picked up my phone and called her. 

"What's up?" She answered almost immediately.

"Bored. Come over." I groaned.

"On my way." She said, then hung up. I sat on the couch paying little to no attention to the show that was on my TV while waiting for Dani to show up. When she did, I realized how much of a bad idea it was to invite her over. She ran in through my door and headed straight for the couch. She hopped over the back of it and sat next to me. 

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hi." I groaned. 

"What's up?" She asked with a hint of worry in her voice. 

"Nothing, just tired of working. Hey, you know those assholes that I've been working for lately?"

"Yeah."

"Well, they liked my last design, a lot. They want me to do more work for them." I softly smiled.

"That sucks." Dani sighed. 

"Yeah, it sucks, but it's also really awesome, because that means more income." I nodded. 

"Yeah, I guess." She yawned. 

"Way to be happy for me." I chuckled.

She playfully shoved me and took a sip of my coffee, watching the show that was on. 

"You excited for tomorrow?" I asked, opening up my laptop again. 

"Yeah, but I'm more excited to see you and Gavin together. Has he asked you out yet?"

"No, why?" I paused for a moment, "Don't answer that." 

Dani let out a soft giggle. "You guys are gonna be great together." 

I shook my head and flipped her off, but she didn't notice. Dani and I spent the rest of the night together on the couch, watching TV and making small talk.