Chapter 16

After the mall, I dropped Dani off at her place on the way home. I had some work to get finished. As soon as I walked in through the front door, I went into my office and hopped onto the computer. I opened up a template and got to work.

Control C, control V, enter. I thought to myself, over and over. Control C, control V, enter... God, I don't want to do this. It's too repetitive, work sucks. I typed up a title and a tag line, then got lost in my thoughts. I can't believe I saw Gavin at the mall today. That was pretty awesome. And he invited me to a wedding. I smiled at the thought. Oh, shit, that means I need to get a dress. I guess it doesn't matter, I have plenty of dresses. Maybe I should call Dani and talk to her about it. No, Eli, work. I shook my head quickly and began to type again.

"Control C, control V, enter," I said out loud, "shift, right click, enter."

This is so boring, I thought, at least I'm almost done.

For the next few hours I typed and designed a new layout for a website. Hopefully this one'll sell for a good amount. I groaned as my hands ached from typing so much. I stood up and saved the document, then grabbed my laptop from off the floor and unplugged it. I carried it into my room and sat down on the bed, opening up the document and returning to work. I looked at the clock. It was almost 11pm. I had been working for quite a while. I popped my knuckles and began to add links into the document.

Home, return, next, previous... I thought to myself, about, info...

Still typing, I heard a knock at my door. I groaned and set my laptop to the side, then got up to answer the door. On the other side was Gavin.

"Hello!" He grinned at me.

"Hey, Gavin. This isn't the best time..."

"Why, what's up?"

"Work." I replied, frowning.

"Mind if I keep you company?" He smirked.

"Yeah, sure." I chuckled as I opened the door wider for him. He walked in and stood in the living room. I started making my way down the hallway, motioning for Gavin to follow me. I walked into my room and took a seat on the bed, placing my laptop over my legs and patting the spot next to me. Gavin smiled and sat down.

"What'cha working on?" He asked as I typed away.

"A new website template." I replied, focused on my work.

"You almost done?"

"Yeah, actually. So, why're you here?" I asked.

"Just wanted to tell you that I'm moving out of Geoff's. I found a cheap apartment that's closer to the office than his place, so I could walk to work."

"Oh, that's awesome." I said, "Does he know?"

"Not yet, I'm gonna call him in the morning. Anyway I came over here to ask if you'd be able to help me clean the place up."

"Don't they clean them out before you get there?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, but if I do it myself I pay less on rent." He shrugged.

"Interesting. Yeah, I'm down. When do you need help?"

"Tomorrow afternoon, if that's alright."

"Yeah, it's fine." I said as I gave a sigh of relief and saved the document, closing the laptop.

"Done?" Gavin asked.

"Done." I smiled up at him, crossing my legs.

"i missed you." Gavin said quietly, nervously playing with my bedspread. I softly smiled.

"I missed you, too." I scooted closer to him. He returned the smile and put his arm around me. He moved his face closer to mine and whispered, "I missed you more."

"Yeah, probably." I joked before he pulled me into a long kiss. I swung my legs into his lap, continuing to kiss him. He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered. I playfully hit him, making him chuckle.

"I'm serious!" He smiled.

"I'm sure you are." I returned the smile and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled me into another kiss, laying me on to the bed. I blushed and rested my hands on his hips. I could feel him smile through the kiss, making me blush even more. Gavin pulled away again and looked at me for a moment, then quickly gave me a peck on the cheek. He mashed his nose into my cheek, making me giggle.

"You have such a cute nose." I chuckled.

"Shut up!" He joked, then kissed my cheek again before laying down next to me and holding me in his arms. Gavin ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my cheek.

"You having fun?" I asked, smiling.

"Yep." Gavin said, pulling me into another kiss.