Chapter 4

I closed the front door and sighed, then began to make my way to my room. I heard Dani singing along to one of my Blink 182 albums on the other side of the door. I walked in and threw myself onto my bed. 

"So... How was it?" I could practically hear Dani smiling. 

"It was a lot of fun." I said, my words muffled by the mattress. 

"What did I tell you? I knew you were going to have a good time. When's the second date?" 

"That wasn't exactly what I'd call a date. Also, we didn't plan another time." I sighed. I knew this was going to happen. Dani sat down on the bed and turned me over to where I was facing the ceiling. 

"Oh, come on! You totally dig him, and he digs you! It's so obvious." Dani began, "You two are perfect together, and don't you dare tell me you don't have an interest in him."

"I don't have an interest in him, Dani." I sighed sarcastically. 

"Yes, you do! Like I said, it's super obvious, and again, you two are perfect for each other. I knew you liked him when you guys were talking about video games, and the way he looks at you, it's.. Well.. Love! It has to be. I swear there's nothing..."

That's when I began to get lost in my thoughts. Hanging out with Gavin was a lot of fun. Maybe Dani's right. Nope, nope, Eli, stop right there. Dani's never right about these things. They always end badly. Even if I did have fun, what Dani said about Gavin liking me can't be true. But if he did, no, God damnit, Eli, knock it off. Everything Dani has said is wrong. I don't like him, he doesn't like me, and this was just a little hang out, NOT a date.

"Eli! Stop going off into la la land and actually listen to me!" Dani said, nudging my shoulder with her knee. 

"Look, Dani, just like the last million times you've tried to hook me up with somebody, this isn't going to work. Even so, I don't want to be in a relationship." I groaned.

"Stop being such a pessimist. At least try to have a positive outlook on this." 

"Hmm.. Well," I began, "No."

"Come on, for me?" Dani pouted. 

"Just like I said to Gavin earlier, 'Stop it, that shit isn't going to work on me.'"

"See! You totally like him! You just brought him up." Dani smiled.

"That doesn't mean anything, I was just referencing to something that happened earlier.'

"Mhm, sure. You love him." Dani teased.

"Knock it off." I said sternly.

"Eli loves Gavin! Eli loves Gavin!" Dani began to sing. 

"Grow up, this isn't the 3rd grade." 

"You love him." She said one last time.

"You're such a piece of shit."

"Takes one to know one. Hey, I'm gonna head home now." Dani said, standing up.

"Alright." I muttered.

"See you tomorrow!" Dani said as she crawled out of my window.

"Hope I don't." I mumbled under my breath and closed my window. I turned up my stereo and lied on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't stop thinking about today, and  how much fun I had with Gavin. These thoughts sickened me, because Dani might actually be right. Nope, I won't allow her to be right. I just have to stop this before it gets out of hand. I groaned and rolled over, debating whether or not I should get up and turn off the TV. I curled up into a ball and attempted to fight off the thoughts relating to Gavin. I couldn't seem to get him out of my head. I started to worry. Maybe Dani is right. I sighed and picked my phone up off of my night stand. I unlocked it to show two messages from Dani, and one from an unknown number. I furrowed my brow and looked at the message from the stranger. 

"Hey, wanna hang out with the AH crew and I on Friday?" The message read. I rolled my eyes, knowing that Dani had given Gavin my number. Son of a bitch. 

"Yeah, sure, I'm down. Where at?" I responded, not wanting to be mean. 

"Reiley's, the bar next to the mall." Gavin responded.

"Sounds good. Meet you there." I let out a long, frustrated groan and tossed my phone across the room, then returned to the fetal position and lied still until I fell asleep.