Chapter 21

Gavin took my hand again and led me over to a fountain, where we sat down across each other on the grass and talked. 

"So, how do you like your new place?" I asked. 

"I love it. Thank you so much for helping me clean." He smiled.

"Not a problem, anytime." I replied, chuckling softly. We sat in silence for a moment until Gavin spoke, holding both of my hands.

"I'm really glad Dani introduced me to you. I mean, I was a little worried at first, but it actually worked." He said softly. My heart sank to my stomach. Fuck, I thought nervously, I wasn't supposed to let this happen. I groaned internally.

"Yeah, me too." I said nervously.

"What's wrong?" Gavin asked.

"Nothing, just Dani's going to go crazy when I tell her this." 

"Then don't tell her." 

"She'll know." I rolled my eyes.

"You know, Geoff was trying to hook us up too." Gavin said, looking to the side. 

"I figured, haha. Well, it worked." I smiled at him. 

"Yeah, that it did." He chuckled and scooted closer to me. Just then a girl walked up besides us. 

"Oh my God, Gavin Free?" She asked excitedly. 

"Yes, ma'am." He nodded. 

"Can I get a picture with you?" She squealed. 

"Sure." He smiled and got up, standing next to her as she pulled out her phone. 

"Hey, you." She pointed at me, "Take this picture for me, please?" She asked. 

"Uh, sure." I replied, standing up and taking her picture. She posed and Gavin put his arm around her shoulder, sending a jolt of jealousy through me. I took a few pictures and handed the phone back to her. 

"Thank you so much." She smiled at Gavin. Gavin went to return to his seat next to me, but she grabbed his arm and continued the conversation. She went on and on about where she's from and how she knows who he is and how much she loves him. I felt my cheeks burning red with anger. 

"Yeah, we should hang out sometime." She smiled. 

"Actually, I'm here with my girlfriend." Gavin stuttered and pointed at me. I nodded and smirked. 

"Oh, that's okay, if you could just give me your number..." She pulled out her phone again. 

"Look, it was nice meeting you, but I have a girlfriend, and I'm not interested. Can I go back to my girlfriend now?" He said quickly, making me smile. 

"Uh, sure." She looked over and gave me a dirty look before shaking Gavin's hand and walking away. Gavin returned to his seat next to me.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. I kept smiling. 

"What?" He asked. 

"That was so cute. Thank you." I continued to smile wide, making Gavin smile.

"She was so rude to you." Gavin frowned. 

"Yeah, but it's over now." I leaned in and pecked Gavin on the cheek, making him blush. 

"I wonder where Dani is." I finally spoke. 

"Right there." Gavin pointed past me. I turned around and saw Dani walking towards me with her hair all disheveled. 

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked her as she sat down next to me.

"Those rides are sick." She smiled wide, catching her breath.

"Haha, it's getting late, think it's about time to get going?" Gavin asked, looking at the clock on his phone.

"Yeah, what time is it?" Dani asked. 

"7:46" He replied quickly, shoving his phone back into his pocket. 

"Isn't there like, a fireworks show tonight?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I think so." Dani perked up. 

"Wanna stay?" I asked Gavin. I already knew that Dani wanted to stay.

"Sure." Gavin smiled. "When's the show?"

"I think it starts at like 8:15." Dani smiled. 

"Awesome, let's go find a spot on the grass over there." I pointed up at a field on the left. 

"Sounds good." Gavin said as he stood up, taking my hand and helping me up. We walked over to the field with Dani behind us. 

"Hey, fuckface, nice shirt." She called. 

"Yeah, isn't it?" I chuckled. 

When we made it up to the field, Dani laid down on the grass. 

"We should've brought a blanket." I mention.

"Doesn't matter." Dani said as she sat up, leaning on her elbows. Gavin and I laid next to each other, slightly in front of Dani. We all joked and talked, waiting for the show to start. When it did, we were all hushed as we stared in awe at the bright lights that were shooting up into the air and displaying themselves. Gavin pulled me close and kissed my cheek, holding my hand in both of his. Dani looked over and aww'd a second time, then returned her attention to the twinkling lights. The sky was lit up as I sat there and mentally thanked Dani for introducing me to Gavin. 

When the show was over, Dani stood up quickly and said, "Alright, I'm ready to go." 

Gavin and I stood up and followed her out of the fairgrounds and into the parking lot. We all joked and laughed, talking about how much fun we had today and how we should come back next year as we walked to the car. We all agreed that tonight was awesome.