Bad Luck Charm

This chapter has not been edited

***

The devil intern was about to say something but before he could utter a word, my prince spoke. 

"You're hard at work," he said, his deep, gorgeous voice making me want to melt into a puddle of tears. 

As expected, the devil intern didn't reply. I guess he gives the silent treatment to everyone. 

"I heard some interesting news today and wanted to ask you about it," my prince continued to speak.

"What is it?" 

I was surprised by the amount of animosity I could hear in the devil intern's voice. Maybe he didn't get along well with my prince. 

"Apparently our young Yates has a secret lover," my prince said, moving closer to his cousin. "Apparently people saw you walking around hand in hand outside the hospital. Pretty confident of you," he laughed. 

I internally squealed as his laughter warmed my ears. 

The devil intern suddenly froze. Since I was clinging to his back, I felt it and it automatically soured up my mood. I sent a telepathic glare to the devil and hoped he felt it. 

"I assume," my Prince's voice suddenly sounded even closer than it had before, "this young miss here is the lover?"

My heart jumped out of my rib cage. Although my face was hidden in the intern's back, I could feel my prince right beside me. Did he walk around to see me? I suddenly wanted the floor to swallow me whole. My face was burning from embarrassment. I'm seriously surprised I hadn't burnt the intern's coat off yet. 

"Don't worry," he chuckled, his voice sounding even closer than before, "you're trying this hard to hide from me, I assume it's because you're not ready to be introduced to the family yet. I won't force you to meet me now, but I hope you know I'm a little upset. I hope to meet you soon, sweetheart," he said into my ear. His warm voice sent shivers all over my body. I wanted to cry from all the emotions I was feeling at that moment.  

He said something I didn't catch to his cousin and with that said, he began walking away. Well by the sound of retreating footsteps, I assumed he was walking away. 

I took a quick peek over the interns shoulder before sighing in relief and stepping away. 

"Well," I said shakily as I was still dying over that little interaction with my prince, "thanks a lot for your help."

I turned to face him with a smile but my smile died down the moment I saw his expression. He looked like he was ready to spit fire. 

"I better not ever see you again," he seethed before storming away. I had no idea what he was so angry about but I was too occupied in my own little bubble to even care. It wasn't like I wanted to see him ever again anyway. 

***

Unfortunately we don't get everything we desire in this world. As if the world was mocking me, no matter where I went and what I did, I came across that damned devil intern. We came across each other at the library, the hospital, my school, the convenience store, the ice cream shop and the stupid park a couple of blocks away from the hospital. I mean, the hospital and park near the hospital made sense, but the rest really bothered me. Especially the ice-cream shop. I guess eating ice-cream in a corner booth all by himself was not something I was expecting from him.

The final straw was when we met in the elevator for the fourth time in a single day.

"You're following me aren't you?" I asked angrily.