Daniella

Although I said this would be a short story, somehow I keep writing more and more and I already have like 15 chapters completed but it doesn't even feel like I'm half way finished. So I guess this will no longer be a short story. 

Thank you for reading!

This chapter has not been edited.

***

Emma was ecstatic. 

"Serves you right," she laughed, "that's what you get for looking down on my department." 

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't look down on your department. All the biomed students I have seen always look like they haven't lifted weights in their lives. I mean, I don't even remember seeing one fit biomed guy whenever I wait for you in front of your building." 

"Well you were proven wrong today. We have lots of fit and smart guys in my department," she said matter-of-factly. 

Once the game had ended, we waited for David by the changing room because apparently he had some papers to give Emma. 

"Why does he even have your papers?" I whined to Emma. "And why does it take so long to get dressed?"

"You're so impatient."

"I'm bored and hungry."

Emma chuckled, "Since you're having such a rough day, your dinner is on me."

My mood automatically brightened. "I also get to choose the place?"

"Sure."

David finally showed up with some of his friends. 

"Hey, sorry for making you wait."

"It's no problem at all," Emma giggled. No matter what she said, I was now convinced that she definitely had some sort of feelings for him. I can't even remember the last time I had heard Emma giggle. It sounded so foreign to me.

"Here are the papers," he said as he passed a huge book over to Emma. Did they really call those "papers"? It was literally bigger than my biggest text book. And my 'Legal Justice' textbook was huge

"Thanks," she smiled. "I'll see you around then."

We were about to walk away when David called back out to us, "Would you two like to join us for the after-party? We hired out the pizza bar across town."

"Uh..." Emma trailed off, turning to glance at me. I tried to telepathically tell her "no", hoping she understood by my expression.

"The food is on the losing team," David said, making me involuntarily roll my eyes. 

Emma giggled once again, making my eyes widen. 

"We'd love to come."

I tried my absolute hardest to not scream. Now I had to find a way to get myself out of this. After they bid their farewells, I turned to Emma.

"You just don't want to pay for my food," I whined.

"You're right," she joked. "What's better than free food?" 

"I was going to get free food either way."

"But I wasn't." 

"Fine."

"You're the cutest."

***

Loud music and cheers of happy males erupted all around the bar.