Chapter VIII

[Some lines are from Jinyoung and Jaebum's narrations in JJ Project's Verse 2 track cards. Because those lines fit perfectly for this story. ]

Jinyoung's POV

"Behind this angelic face hides a vicious monster."

Fascinated. I was, and until now.

How long was it exactly? How long were you away from me? I don't want to count but I know exactly how long it was. It felt like hell on all those days you were not around. Tormented with extreme sadness, an inch away from insanity. But survived each day hoping that I will definitely see you again.

And then one day, your scent cloaked my whole being. Again, like the first time you came into my life.

I thought the world took you away for forever. And if not because of the serum I'm constantly taking and the hope that you'll be with me again, I'm probably dead now.

You never changed, you're still the beautiful you. Only that you don't remember me. You don't remember us. You don't remember that you said you love me.

We ended before we could even start.

How tragic.

Yet even if the waves of time take you once again, I won't waver. I won't forget. It will always be you. My moon. The light that keeps shining on me and lighting up my dark side.

When you don't remember a piece of me, it makes me miserable like a mad man. But I'll pretend that I am not sad when I am, that I am not hurt when I am.

I'll gather all your memories and engrave it on the moonlight. I'll wait even for eternity for you to remember me.

***

"Hyung!"

Youngjae said startled and immediately covered my eyes. Other eyes inside this cafeteria are on me, and I'm sure of that.

I heaved a heavy sigh. I know my eyes changed its color again. Whenever this thing happens, it makes me more mad because it just means that I still can't control my own pet monster. Or maybe I am this monster's pet because most of the time, he's the one who control me.

"Tch! Really," I smirked swatting Youngjae's hand off of my face.

Then I went out of the caf as if not after Luna. Though that's the only thing I think of, going after her. I don't want them to think that I'll go after her. So, I went out of the other exit.

"He's crazy!" I heard Yugyeom said but I did not mind him and everyone back there. Tired of them worrying about me.

There was hardly anybody on this side of the cafeteria any more. Even the thug-looking guys who don't take their courses seriously weren't around too. I smirked at the thought that they can't actually act like their age and just wasting their parent's money. They're basically like high schoolers. So lame at that.

Why does this school still accommodate those morons? Tch! Lu surely is a slave for money.

"Goddamnit!" I curse at an awful smell. Why are those hooligans loved to stay here? It smells like something really gross here. Trash or left-over foods?

"Ugh!" I stuck out my tongue as if I'm going to puke. This place smell terribly awful. I badly need to get the hell out of here. It's so horrible.

The thought of going after Luna suddenly rushed inside my head. Making sure that there was really no one around, I jumped off the grilled metal fence going down to the ground floor and run fast to where Luna parks her Audi.