Chapter XXI

[[My apologies for the very late update. :( ]]

Start---

Meanwhile at the Mansion

The whole mansion is all in dead silence when Jaebum ended the call with his younger brother Jinyoung. The rest of them are waiting for the three to arrive and to finally go together to where their Nana is.

Yet the oldest among them can no longer stay calm. Mark's been fidgeting his on fingers to somehow calm himself. He feels responsible about Nana's health because he's a doctor and another reason is his undying feelings for someone he can't love.

Mark reached the peak of his worries and finally stood up from the couch, "I can't wait for them anymore," he said worriedly. "Jaebum, you transport me there first. Please? I can't just stay here knowing that Nana's on brink of death. And when I know I can help her," his voice slightly cracked, lips trembling and eyes squinting averting his tears from falling but failed.

"H-hyung," Jaebum responded quavered with Mark's sudden cry. "But—you know..."

Jaebum can only transport once in an hour. He still can't teleport other people with him for multiple times and he hates this fact about him. The plan was to bring all of them there at once. Yet given this kind of situation will leave Jaebum with a hard decision. He can't also just deny the fact that Mark can be of help for Nana to stay alive.

"Jaebum please," Mark begged as he grappled Jaebum's sleeve. Tears flew non-stop from his eyes desperate of his words. "I-I know Nana's time has come but she's the only one who can explain everything to Luna, none of us but her who can mitigate Luna's pain. Only her. Jaebum do you understand me? Huh? We can't let Nana die. Please, Jaebum please," Mark was about to kneel but Jaebum held him on both of his arms. "Please. I can even give half of my life just for her to live. Jaebum please I'm begging you."

"Hyung," Jackson's throat hurt as he called his older brother holding back his own tears to fall. He never expected that he would see his brother this weak again, this vulnerable to pain and crying like this. "M-Mark hyung," he called again, obviously in pain of the sight of his own brother's despair.

The last time he saw Mark cried like this was when their father left them for another woman and told this woman about the Yu's ultimate secret, and in order for the secret of their kind to be kept still. The elder Yu's including Nana decided to kill their father and his woman.

Though Lucinda, Mark and Jackson's mother was so against it, when Mark and Jackson knew about it, both of them cried rivers. Jackson was bawling on his older brother's chest, arms around him comforting him, telling him not to cry. But he knew that Mark was wailing his heart too because of the death of their father done by their own blood. And since that, Jackson never saw Mark cry again.

"Jaebum please," Mark begged again but Jaebum only pulled Mark's head on his shoulder.

"You love Luna that much huh?" Jaebum whispered, both brows twisted as he felt the pain Mark is feeling inside him, "that you're willing to give half of your life to Nana for Luna to lessen her pain when you know that it's already predestined?" Jaebum continued still in whispers though he knows that the other boys can hear him clearly.

Yet Bambam was dumbfounded of what he just heard, 'Mark hyung loves Luna?' he asked himself in disbelief. He badly doesn't want to believe it too. 'How can I unhear this?' He asked himself again, his heart broke into million pieces, for the first time in his entire life.