Chapter XVII

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

[[I hope you all have read the Supplementary Chapter]]

Start---

Along with the silence of my car's engine was Mark's phone's ring. He fished it out of his coat's pocket and checked the caller ID.

"Dr. Kim? Why would he be calling me at this kind of day? I don't have any schedule for today," he said followed by a curious hum then he finally answered. "Excuse me Luna."

I nodded my head and watched him open the car door and went out then I went out too. Closing the door behind me, I heard Mark's loud exclaim.

"What? Alright I'll be there."

He exhaled deeply before putting his phone back inside his pocket.

"Luna, can I used your car? I badly need to go back to the hospital right now," he said in a rush. "How will I say this? Ahh... there are patients who were presumed to have been attacked by a werewolf. The patients are unconscious and they haven't confirmed it yet. That's why I need to go there to verify it. Would it be okay if I'll use your car?"

"Yeah, it's fine."

"It would take more time if I'll go get mine. Thanks a lot Luna," he waved his hand with a worried smile and hastily got back inside the car then sped off.

I hope he'll arrive there safely. He's really a dedicated doctor. I should have seen him graduate his chosen degree.

Mark never actually failed to take care of me, since I came here up until now. He was the one who's always there whenever I need someone. He's so caring and gentle. Being a doctor suits him well.

My eyes then settled on the box Jungkook gave me. Some of my stuffs that might bring back some memories two years ago are here.

Their all back, I mean my memories. It's just I want to reminisce all of it. To remind myself of how blessed I am to have all of them with me. Risking their own lives to protect a mere human like me.

Even in my next life, I would be very happy to find a family like them. Jin and the rest of his friends did risk their lives too. They'll all too kind to me. Seokjin also took of my younger brother when I was away oblivious of all of them. I'm deeply in debt with them.

As I hugged the box closer to my chest, I walked inside the mansion. I let myself be swayed by the familiar thoughts and feelings. It's all now back to me. I now remember all of it.

I could feel my tears attempting to fall from my eyes as my memories came in flooding. My eyes explored itself around the house as if scanning to collect memoirs. It's a new environment; I used to say this to myself. But it isn't, it's simply my home.

The boys, I never knew about them until the day Jinyoung lost himself and nearly killed me and Bambam. How could I forget those? And the day Youngjae and Bambam fought. Those may be terrible memories but were the reason why I grew fond of them, though I never wanted that to happen again, them hurting themselves.

I want to be the one to protect them this time.

It seems that no one is around the house this afternoon. The maknaes are still at school with Jungkook. Mark is back at the hospital, JB is most probably at some business meeting, and Jinyoung is currently out of town for whatever that film is.

But how was he able to see what happened back at school? Ah seriously?

Oh wait, Jackson or Youngjae could be here. Jackson is still under somewhat like house arrest and Youngjae, I'm just guessing. I hope they're here minus them doing his quirks on me. I hate being played but at least I got someone to talk to.