Chapter IX

Start--

Minutes have passed and I'm still sitting silently on the passenger seat while Jinyoung drove my car going back to the mansion. Not a single word come out of his mouth too.

'It would be your lips, if only you remember me.'

What he said echoed in my head and I couldn't think of any logical reason how he was able to say that as if answering the question in my head.

I couldn't help but think of my deleted past too. Was Jinyoung a huge part of it? What are we? Why do I feel strange whenever he's around? This feeling inside me is so difficult to explain, even to understand.

Why? What are we Jinyoung? Who are you really?

"I can answer all of your questions but believe me I don't know how to..." he said out of nowhere and I was a bit surprised of how he again responded. He did it again. Can he hear what's on my mind?

"...and if it's right to tell you or not. Because I know you would get hurt," he continued as he parked my car in front of the mansion. I didn't even notice that we're here already.

He unbuckled his seat belt and went out of the car while me on the other hand, remained seated for a few more seconds. Until he opened the car door on my side.

Entering half of his body, he unbuckled my seat belt too, "come out now, we're already late for dinner."

His scent is so addicting. It's like I've been longing for this kind of scent. I want to smell him all the time. But I can't do that. That's just so inappropriate for me to do.

Responding nothing, I stepped out of the car. Soon as I was completely out of the car, I pulled my arms together like hugging myself because it's really cold.

Winter is coming. I thought.

"Hurry, it's getting really cold. Humans like you get easily sick."

My eyes weren't at him when he said that. I didn't know if it was sarcasm or something else because he just called me human. Why? Isn't he human too? Seriously, this guy is really strange.

I just don't feel strange whenever he's around, actually he completes all this strangeness going on around me. Like he's something different, something not like me. Something beyond being human.

"Come on Luna," he called again, opening the grand door of the mansion.

"Yeah, I'm coming," I replied and tailed after him.

Biting my lower lip, I let Jinyoung walk into the diner hall first. Yet no matter how I pretend that as if Jinyoung and I weren't together a while ago the boys would still know. They're all quick-witted. And I kind of dislike that.

I heaved a sigh and followed Jinyoung.

To my surprise, Uncle Lu was there. Sitting at the end of the long table. He didn't even text me that he'll be here. This old man. I missed him though. I last time I saw him was still in London.

"Uncle Lu!" I exclaimed and run towards him and gave him a tight hug. "You!" I broke the hug and glared at him. "You didn't tell me you'll be here. Why is that huh?"

He smiled amusedly at me and said, "take a seat now dear. Let's eat. I'm starving," looking up at me whilst rubbing his stomach in a circular motion.

I pouted at Uncle Lu waiting for him to answer my question.

"Take a seat now Luna or..." I looked at Jinyoung while prolonging his 'or' "...or you wanted to sit on my lap again? Like back at Mr. Hemming's class?"