Chapter 2

My first day of work and I'm late. I was cycling as fast as I could and no one could stop me from going in time, beside that it 8:03am. I'm three minutes late, but it's not my fault that I overslept. I was seeing a really nice dream.

I was standing in front of a gigantic house. I checked the card the strange man gave me to make sure I was in the right place. His house was soo big, a little smaller than the white house, but bigger that all of the houses I have seen in my whole life.

I left my bicycle at the ground and rang the bell. Suddenly someone opened the door. It was Sam as his piercing green eyes met mine making me shiver. His black hair were perfectly brushed as he stare at me with a cold look on his eyes.

"You're late" It was the only thing he said. He opened the door letting me in into his dang big house.

The funitures were old and the living room was bigger than my whole house. It had millions of rooms and I bet you may get lost here. When I accepted the job I didn't knew I needed to clean a whole damn house who is bigger than a shopping mall.

"This is your room" He said as my mouth hung open, a room? But I need to go home. "You're off only on Sunday and let's not come late again" He said as I followed him.

We were in front of a big room down the hall. It had a wodden big door. Sam unlocked it and I got in. It was so big and it had everything I need, maybe more.

"I need you downstairs in half an hour" He said not even showing any expression on his face and leaving me admiring my new room. I texted my dad with shaking hands.

Me- Hey,dad I'm not coming home until Sunday, but I'll come and visit

I turned my phone off breathing heavily. Luckily he wasn't giving me a maid uniform or something or I would have seriously quit.

I wore some sweatpants, a t-shirt that read I heart New York and my sneakers of course. I went downstairs to see Sam watching TV and a mop on the floor for me.

"Ummm sorry, but how am I supposed to call you?" I asked as he turned his head to face me running his hand through his hair.

"Mr. Reynolds" He simply respond with a bored look on his face.

I shrugged "Okay Sam, I'm cleaning the kitchen" I respond as he stared at my in a weird way. Like I said something I wasn't supposed to. I didn't did I?

I moped the kitchen floor, cleaned the counter, fixed the groceries in their places etc. Simplu cleaned everything and I was done with the kitchen.

"Am I supposed to prepare the dinner?" I asked Sam as he faced me in annoyance "What do you think I pay you for huh? You're supposed to do everything" He respond as I stick my tounge to him.I know it's childish,but who said I can't be a grown woman and a child at the same time?

I prepared spaghetti and placed them on the table for Sam to eat. I prepared the mixture for a cake and put it on the oven.

I went upstairs to clean the room and after half an hour I went downstairs to check at the cake. It was perfectly done. I put it in the table amd cut a piece for Samuel McGrumpy.

"Your dinner is ready" I said heading upstairs again to clean every singe room who were dusty and some of them even had spiders.

I had only one room left to clean and it was Mr.McGrumpy's one. I tried to open it, but it was locked so I really didn't bother to ask for a key. Yeah I'm tired enough from cleaning like one hundred rooms.

I looked at the time on my phone,it was 6:38pm and I also had a message from dad.

Dad- Let's talk on Sunday about this

I breathed in relief and headed downstairs to prepare dinner. Sam was in his formal suit at the door talking with a girl and she suddenly noticed me.

"Who Is SHE?" The girl furiously asked Mr. McGrumpy pointing at me.

"My stupid maid, nothing to worry about" He respond as I crossed my arms at my chest.

"She better be" The girl said giving me a last glance and leaving. Then Sam turned to face me.

"Listen here, I hired you to clean the house not to ruin things. When you see me talking I want you to dissappear from the view clear? When I'm in the middle of something you are never going to talk okay? Now go prepare dinner" He said with Mr. McGrumpy's look plastered on his face. He doesn't even know my name and he has the nerve to criticse me.

"Natalie" I said as he narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"My name is Natalie"

***

A/N- Hope you liked it. Love ya all

-Jay