Chapter 40

I was facing his cold green eyes and his grumpy look was plastered on his face. None of us said a word, but Sam looked upset.

"It's not my fault" I whispered since it was 3 am and most of the people on the plane were alseep including Thorn and Aiden whose seats were i front of us.

"I'm not saying anything" Mr. McGrumpy whispered back.

"Well, you look upset"

"Of course I'm upset. I went on a date with Hunter for you" He whispered in irritation looking at me straight in the eyes. At that moment I realized I couldn't bare seeing those green eyes with tears in them, I couldn't bare seeing that smile of him turn upside down and I couldn't bare seeing him upset.

Maybe I actually do care about Sam.

"I'm sorry, but why are you upset. It's not like you like me and you are jealous, but you juts don't wanna admit it" I teased Mr. McGrumpy as his cheeks turned pink and he looked away from me.

Did I just make Samuel Reynolds blush?

"W-what no. I don't like you at all, but I gotta admit that I actually care about you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. You're a nice girl Connors"

I couldn't help, but smile. He cares about me? All these time he has said that he wants me out of his life, he doesn't want to see me again and now he cares? Well I wasn't expecting those words come out from his mouth anytime soon.

"Don't worry Reynolds, I care about you"

He tried to hide the grin that appeared on his face, but it was impossible. I could clearly see the happiness in his eyes. 

"I came on time as always didn't I"

"Yeah, you actually did. Me and Thorn were about to kiss for the second time" I said as Mr. McGrumpy raised an eyebrow smirking at me. Oh damn, he needs to raise his eyebrow more often. He looks so hot.

"Well, I see. It looks like I have competition"

Competition for what now? What is he talking about? Why am I so clueless sometimes?

At least Thorn bought it. I mean, calling him Sam and saying it was a prank. I swear I would have been dead.

I don't even know why I called him Sam. It's weird.

I mean, I was looking at the flowers and only Mr. McGrumpy came to my mind and my heart dropped.

"I left you speechless I see" Sam said as I shook my head.

"No, I'm waiting to see if any girl like Audrey shows up"

Sam rolled his eyes throwing his arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer to his chest.

"You don't have competition don't worry, now get some sleep"

I blushed so hard and I bet I looked like a tomato. I could hear Sam's heartbeat and his hand on my shoulder.

My heart, for the first time in a while, started to beat like crazy. I froze as Sam started to rub my shoulder with his thumb. No one has ever made me feel like this. Not even Thorn, who I'm sure I like.

I need a professional emotion doctor if this thing even exists. I wish I knew what I felt, but it's hard to know when you never believed in love since that day. 

No, I didn't believe in love, but now my mind s changing. I thought love was something temporary and after some time the feelings would slowly just fade away just like the cigarette smoke.

It comes from your mouth grey and then it just fades away into the air and it never comes back.

Now I don't think that anymore. Aghhh I don't even know what to think.

Every time I look at that certain someone I can't help, but stare. I wanna know what has hurt him, I wanna help him, I don't want him to lie to me, but....

In the same time I don't wanna know what has hurt him, I don't wanna get in his private life and I don't want the truth, because the truth hurts.

He's not the same anymore. When I first saw him, his eyes were way colder, like you would stare in the end of a cold forest with predators waiting for you, but now they are softer. It's like staring in a forest, but where the sun is shining and there is a way you can escape from it.

His serious look is long gone and he can't hide his smile like he used to, he accepts his feeling. While, some months ago he wanted me to be eaten by mouses.

I'm not even doing my job. I'm not acting like a maid at all and I'm not asking for my salary, because I would feel bad.

I want to earn my money not to just get them and Sam is doing all of this. Taking me from a place to another and I'm seeing amazing places I have only dreamed to see.

I gently got Sam's hand of my shoulder. Sam was asleep as I rested my head on his legs looking at him for some minutes.

He wasn't totally shaved and his hair were a little messy. By looking at him I didn't wanted to close my eyes, I wanted to stare at him for as long as I could and I'm going to admit it. I think I feel something for Sam, but I'm not quite sure for that. I'm just not gonna admit it to myself until I'm sure. 

"Ughhhh what am I feeling" I groaned as Sam's lip twitched into a small smile.

"It's called love"

***

A/N- Hope you guys liked it. I wasn't planning on updating today since I have an actual bandage on m arm, but I did :)

Hope you liked it and more to come soon.

-Jay