Chapter 48

The plane landed and we were finally home, in America. Thorn ad Aiden were going to crash at Sam's place too and so was I.

Then tomorrow morning I'll go to check on my dad.

It's been two days since Mr. McGrumpy and me, uhhhh did the thingie and we haven't talked about it. I'm still shocked though.

We got out of the airport and got into a taxi Sam called some time ago. Aiden sat on the front while me, Thorn and Sam on the back seats. 

"Yooo Sam" Thorn said smiling at Mr. McGrumpy "Thank, I actually had a lot of fun. Can't wait till you guys make babies"

My eyes widened open as I choked on my own spit. Sam on the other hand started to laugh as Aiden had fallen asleep. 

Sam and Thorn surprisingly started to talk without fighting. I was staring at Sam, at his sharp jawline, at his green eyes, at his smile. I was looking at him while smiling like an idiot to myself.

He made a huge difference to my life and so did Thorn and Aiden. I never thought I would have true friends and not backstabbing ones, I visited may countries and met amazing new people and I fell in love.

The weirdest things, the most confusing yet amazing thing that has happened to me. Falling in love. I never knew how it feels, never and I don't think I'll ever feel the same way with anyone, besides Gaylord McGrumpy

After some time that seemed like hours to me we arrived at Sam's house. It was 3am already and I was dying for some sleep and let's not leave out that I haven't been feeling good since the party on Albania.

Gaylord payed the taxi driver and we got inside his gigantic house. Sam and Aiden said a goodnight to us as Sam followed them to show the boys their room.

"Go to sleep, see you in the morning" Sam said with a frown on his face as I furrowed my eyebrows. What's wrong with him?

I hid behind the couch on the living room and after some minutes Sam walked downstairs again, wearing his suits jacket and he got out of the house. 

Okay I know this is stalking, but I want to know where he is going so I followed him.

Mr. McGrumpy didn't even notice I was behind him the whole time. Lucky me he didn't get a car or I would have died.

I've been following Sam for an hour right now and I swear I'll pass out if he doesn't stop soon.

Then he finally stopped as my jaw touched the ground. He stopped in front of my damn house, holy heck what is he gonna do there?

Wait up, wait a second. No Sam, don't you dare ring the damn ell, what's the ass thinking. No way he'll get in there. No freaking way, nuh uh. MY DAD IS THERE WHAT IN THE WORLD.

And there he goes, ringing the bell.

I facepalmed walking closer to him as Sam clenched his fists.

"Natalie" He said in anger as I gasped. Holy heck he saw me.

"What are you doing here? Go home"

"Okay I can explain" I said as he faced me. His piercing green eyes met mine and damn he looked angry as fuck.

"So I stalked you"

As angry as he was he still laughed with my stupidity "I know you moron, I just need to have a talk with your dad"

He cracked his fingers as I rubbed my neck nervously. That doesn't seem like a talk to me at all.

"Looks like he isn't home, let's come back another time" I said as Sam shook his head

"There may not be another time, that's why I'm here tonight"

Wait, not another time? He's either trying to be deep with quotes he found on pinterest or something is defiantly wrong. What does he mean by that? Of course there will be a next time.

Suddenly we hear footsteps and I could smell his alcoholic breath against my ear.

"You're finally home" He whispered as I could't help, but slap him straight in the face. I didn't miss Sam's smile, but I also didn't miss my dad's furious look on his face.

He clenched his fist and before I could blink I felt his cold fist against my cheek.

"YOU ASSHOLE" Mr. McGrumpy shouted punching him in the nose as dad groaned falling on the ground. I was still shocked while Sam was punching the life out of him.

But he's my dad, should Mr. McGrumpy stop now?

But he's actually just a man, he was never a dad for me. He was just a selfish coward who killed my mom and made my life a living hell. Damn why do I realize things so late? I'm just like my mobile data for God's sake.

Sam got up from the ground running his hand through his black hair and staring at the unconscious body of my dad lying on the ground.

Then he hugged me. His hands were wrapped around my body and I could feel his breath on my neck.

Then Sam left all his weight on me as I  laughed awkwardly.

"Sam, you're kinda heavy you know"

But I got no respond and I could no longer feel his hot breath against my neck and as I faced him, his cold green eyes were closed.

***

A/N- .....

- Jay