Epilogue

Dear Natalie,

If you get this letter that means I'm dead and there are some things left to say. I wanted to say this for quite a while now, but I'm too much of a coward.

You are my life. You are the only thing that it would lose to hurt.

I knew I had cancer, that's why I was dared to hire you, to make a change in my life. I was slowing giving up, I couldn't see what why it was worth living. I went cold, heartless and selfish, but I was scared, scared I didn't do enough and I was dying.

Then you showed up. An annoying innocent girl I wanted out of my life, but now, now I would kill just to be with you. I would kill to look into your hazel eyes again, I would kill to hear your sweet voice calling me Mr. McGrumpy and teasing me, I would kill to hold your hand for one last time,I would kill just to have your lips against mine, just one more time.

Some time ago, I couldn't admit that I love you, because Samuel Reynolds loving? Impossible. You could read it on my face, on my jealous face when you went out with Thorn, the smile on my face when we hung out together. everything was there to read, on my face on on yours too, but we decided to ignore it.

At first I pushed you away, but when I got closer you started to push me away.

The thing is we both turned out to be the idiots who confuse push with pull.

I just want you to remember that I will always be here for you, I'll light the sky with stars for you, I'm still here, I'm never leaving.

I know I may sound like a whiny baby right now, make fun with my all you want ;)

But sometimes, I would go the bathroom ad think about me dying and how I wouldn't get to see you and, your irritating ass made Samuel Reynolds cry. Haaa, I swear if you tell Thorn and Aiden about this I'll hit you with a lighting on your butt.

Every time I saw couples on the street guy are like "Oh you're the most beautiful girl in the world", but for me, you made my world beautiful.

You could have been an ugly gorilla and if you made my world beautiful, I would have still fallen for you.

and right now I can't lie, I miss you. It's really easy not loving someone, but too hard accepting it so:

Natalie Connors, I fucking love you. My heart can't hold all the love for you, it's just too big. Even if it's not beating, you still can see the love in there, if you catch my hand you would hear my heart melt and if you kiss me you would hear it race.

Always remember, I'll always be here for you even if you can't see me. You need to understand, people can stay in your heart forever, but not in your life.

I know it hurts, it hurts me too not to be by your side.

Instead of writing this letter I'll just love you. I will always love you, dead or alive.

whip the tears and smile, look at the sky and smile for me. Your smile makes the sun shine.

Oh, if I forgot to mention, don't be too shocked, but I left all my money to my wife (yes, yes indeed I said you are my wife)

I love you, but I guess my heart can speak itself.

- Gaylord McGrumpy

*** 

I gave Sam a kiss on the forehead "And that's how me and your dad met"

"So dad is flying with superman" He said as I burst out laughing. I guess that's better to hear for a 5 year old.

"Yes buddy" I said running my hand through his hair "Goodnight"

I walked away turning off his room's lights and walking downstairs. I sat on the couch staring at the ceiling and letting out a long breath.

It's been around 5 years and I still miss him, I don't think I'll ever stop missing him.

Then I remembered, I still had his contact saved as Mr. McGrumpy. I chuckled, but yet felt sad while turning on my phone as my thumbs touched the cold screen on the phone.

Me- Sam, I miss you

Me- Please come back  

The contact you're trying to reach.....

***

A/N- Damn I can't believe this story ended. I'll miss writing it.

Okay so I got threatens like "I'll roast you alive" "I'll stuff this and that on your ass" "I'll kill you slowly and painfully" "Gimme your address I just wanna talk xD" etc etc.

To be honest, I pissed myself laughing with them. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but they were just funny lmao.

I wanna thank y'all for the amazing support and love you gave to me and to this story. Without you all I wouldn't be here. We reached 135k readers and man, you guys made that happen, I'm so grateful for you all.

Now, angry readers, I give you the right to kill me lmao.

If you wanna read any of my works, I just published a new Romance story called Chase

I truly hope all of you enjoyed this story. Not every story has a happy ending, and remember, a happy ending is just a new start and so is a bad one.

Not everything goes as you planned and well, that's life (':

I love you all, thanks.

-Jay