Chapter 20

All the road to the hotel was silent. No one said anything and I didn't know what to say so I could break the ice.

Sam's piercing green eyes were focused on the road and his black hair were my weakness on a boy. They were side swept on the right left and shaved on the right side.

That's when I realized I was starring and I immediately started to stare from the window as I slightly blushed. There's something wrong with me tonight, there's definitely something wrong. Why would I stare Mr.McGrumpy?

Suddenly my phone buzzed

Dad- I can't wait till you come home ma chérie

"Are you okay" Mr.McGrumpy asked stopping the car in front of the hotel. I faced him as his eyes glued into mine.

"Uhhh...yeah I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well I don't know" He sarcastically said "As soon as you opened the phone you looked pale and like someone sent you a death message"

I shook my head "I'm fine"

Mr.McGrumpy shrugged and parked the car, but he didn't looked convinced at all.

We went up to our room and as soon as we got in....well our night went worse. Yeah there's only one bed in the room.

I changed into my pajamas and took my pillow and was about to put it on the ground when Sam grabbed my by the arm and pushed me on the bed.

"You take the left side, I'll take the right one"

Sam turn off the lights and we both went to sleep. I was tired and I was drifting to sleep when Sam pulled the blanked.

I pulled it back " Get your own"

"You're the maid, this is what I pay you for. Go get me one"

I groaned and took a blanked for him. I lied down and as soon as I closed my eyes Sam started to laugh.

"Uhhhh Sam? Are you okay"

"Yeah why?"

"You ask me? You're laughing. Are you sick, should I check your temperature or something?" I said as he started to laugh even harder.

What's wrong with this guy for God's sake. I've never seen him laugh or even smile, why now? Why?

"Go back to sleep maid" He said laughing even harder. Omg is he drugged?

After ten minutes Mr.McGrumpy finally stopped laughing. I whispered a thank God and closed my eyes.

Suddenly Sam rested his knee on my tummy and started to snore. I pushed his leg away and for no damn reason I faced him.

His eyes were closed and the laughing and smiles that he had before disappeared. His black hair were falling to his face and I saw his lip twitch into a smile.

Omg I can't believe he is still awake. Aghh fot God's sake he noticed me staring.

Sam opened his piercing green eyes as they locked into my hazel ones.

"Didn't know you liked staring at me"

I froze. I couldn't move a muscle and I turned red. Luckily the lights weren't on or I would look like a tomato by now.

Mr.McGrumpy started to laugh again as I gave him a confused look.

"I can't sleep" He said smiling

"So"

"Fix it" Sam said laughing as I furrowed my eyebrows. Why is he laughing f9r no reason. He doesn't even laugh when there's something to laugh about.

"How?"

He just smiled and didn't said anything. Okay is there something on my face which makes me look funny?

"Okay, ummm why don't you turn on the other side, close your eyes and sleep"

"I just can't stop staring at your face" Sam said as I blushed.

"Wait, what's wrong with my face?"

Mr.McGrumpy just laughed and stare at me. None of us said anything and he would just smile at me.

"Ummm why are you looking at me?" I asked as he simply shrugged.

"You stared at me, I'm just doing the same thing"

It was silence again and I didn't know what to say. This isn't the guy I know, the Sam I know is grumpy and doesn't care about me, the Sam I know doesn't laugh for no reason and the Sam I know doesn't make me blush.

"Maid" He said laughing as I started to get annoyed by this new attitude of him, but in a way...I was liking it.

"What?"

"I can't sleep" Mr.McGrumpy complained smiling at me. Damn that smile was irresistible. Holy crap did I just said that? Wow am I this tired?

"I don't have what to do about that"

Sam's beautiful green eyes met mine as he got his messy hair off his face and I could see his biceps from the grey vest he was wearing. When he saw me staring he grinned so hard that I though his face was stuck like that.

"Hey, you can tell more of the horror stories I told you" 

Well that was the last thing I expect Sam to say.

"Uhhhh about that...I'm sorry. I think I went to far" I said as he just smiled. I don't get this guy, but I know that I like seeing him like this. Happy and smiling.

I closed my eyes when I felt a cold hand grab mine. I opened my eyes to see Mr.McGrumpy holding my hand.

"Come on, stay awake just a little. I don't want to be left alone and then stare at the ceiling"

That really made me smile. Weirdly I hold his hand for some more minutes and then he spoke again.

"I can't sleep maid"

"You told me that a thousand times, there's nothing I can do" I said in irritation as he shook his head.

"Well there's something"

And then his lips crushed into mine

***

A/N- Well this chapter was worth waiting wasn't it. I won't be able to update for some time, because I have exams and if I don't do good on them mum will ban me from wattpad till summer.

I need a ship name for Sam and Natalie, cause I suck a creating them XD

Love ya all and see ya soon, and again sorry I won't be able to update 

-Jay