Chapter 25

It was finally Christmas and before the children opened the presents I was challenged for some reason.

I was staring at them as they were staring back at me. I was trying not to blink, but it was impossible, I was being defeated.

The kids noticed that and most of them started to grin at each other. I was trying so hard, but my eyes were burning, I couldn't keep them open anymore

And I finally blinked as the kids cheered.

"Aghhh I can't believe I lost" I said as they continued to cheer.

"Now it's time for the dare" One of them said as I slapped my forehead with the palm of my hand. How did I forget about the dare.

"What shall the dare be?" Jason, one of the kids said as Thorn sat next to me while Aiden was flirting with Zane.

Then Mr. McGrumpy walked towards us "Time for present children"

They all ran towards a Christmas tree which was placed on the ground and it had so many presents. They started to rip the paper and open the boxes like animals and I didn't want to be in the presents places. They looked so happy though and it was good making people feel better and smile.

But how can you make a grumpy, suit freak dude laugh or not be grumpy. When I find out maybe I should write a book. Ten ways how to make a grumpy, suit freak to not a grumpy, suit freak person.

"What are you thinking about" Thorn asked throwing his hand around me and pulling me closer to himself as I blushed. His body was next to mine and believe me when I say that it was hotter than before.

"Ummm nothing, I-I'm just seeing how happy the kids look"

He furrowed his eyebrows "Really, to me it looked like you were staring at Sam smiling"

"Nahh"

Ok, I may be staring at Sam, but smiling? As far as I remember I wasn't smiling. Wait a second why was I smiling? Really was I? Aghhhhhhh why me why?

"Anyway" Thorn said coughing and rubbing his neck nervously "Ummm since it's Christmas and I kind of, really like you I jus wanted to ask if you would come on a date with me tonight?"

I had as big smile across my face which I couldn't hide

"Yes" I replied with excitement as we started at each other for some seconds. His blue eyes glued into mine as I was smiling.

Then something tickled our heads. I raised my head up to see some leaves on a stick.

"Come on kiss, I don't have all day" Mr. McGrumpy said as I frowned. Will he always ruin beautiful moments like this?

Thorn walked away winking at me as Sam mimicked him and whispered something under his breath which I didn't give a fudge about.

"But Zane please" Aiden begged to her "Give this hottie a chance. I have abs, I have the face, I'm beautiful woman why don't you want me"

I couldn't help, but laugh. Then I walked towards Mr. McGrumpy.

"Okay kids, I hope you liked the presents" Sam said as they all shouted a big yes "Now it's time for a game"

"Catch Natalie and pretend to be cannibals while she is your victim" 

Sam gave each of them a toy fork and they started to run after me as I was running for my life.

Hold on, hold on. Did just Sam called me Natalie. Oh my God is he sick or something? Did he stay to much in the sun?

I was still running as the kids were following me.

Wait a second. What the heck am I doing they are not real cannibals.

I stopped to face them as they all jump in top of me hugging and thanking me.

Then the torture started. The kids were tickling me as I was breathless from the laughter.

I was laughing like a furious orge as the kids wouldn't stop. I was letting out some fast breaths while laughing.

"Sam come on" A boy said "It's fun"

With a blank look on his face he walked towards me. Sam was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, no suit? Wow I'M impressed.

"NO, DON'T YOU DARE TICKLE ME" I shouted while laughing as Sam started to tickle me too.

"Okay" He finally said "Let the maid breath"

I was lying on the ground breathing heavily as I kicked Sam with my leg.

"What was that for woman?"

"D-did you really need to tickle me? More than twenty kids were enough" I said as he sat next to me and I got up from the ground.

"Ummm I don't know how to say this"

I narrowed my eyebrows "Say what"

"Well you see. It's a word that I'm not used to say. It starts with a t, but-..."

What is this man talking about. A t word which he can't say? What word can that be?

"Is it a bad word? Like tw-..."

"Do not finish that" Mr. McGrumpy interrupted in irritation while running his hand through his black hair.

"Come on Sam, curiosity is killing me. I need to know what the t word is?"

"Okay I don't like you" He said crossing his arms at his chest.

I let out a long breath "Why?"

"Because you are making me say the t word"

Call 911 this guy went crazy. What t word dude for God's sake.

His piercing green eyes locked into mine as he looked like he gave up.

"What the heck are you saying?" I asked again as he got up groaning.

"What I'm saying is thanks, I'M TRYING TO THANK YOU FOR STANDING MY STUPID ATTITUDE TOWARDS YOU"

My jaw touched the ground. He said what?

***

A/N- Hope you liked it. More to come

-Jay