37

"It's scary here at night.. Whenever a branch or something makes a noise I wanna hide in a trashcan... Hopefully Pennywise only works underground and not in parks" Makki ranted. He had his hands hidden in his pockets, it was extremely cold, but for the sake of Iwaizumi - the three decided to stay.

Dragging Iwaizumi home turned out to be an impossible thing. It was almost like trying to move an immovable object, so instead they let him stay on a bench while he sobered up a little bit.

"So Oikawa... What are you gonna do about Miko?" Mattsun asked as he turned to the red-cheeked male next to him.

"I don't know. I need good timing, I need to sit her down and explain everything..." Oikawa's voice got quieter towards the end of the sentence. In all honesty, he still had no clue how to tell Miko that he is in fact a homosexual male who has no intention of marrying her.

"Ha ha, that's funny" Iwaizumi suddenly spoke as he lifted his head up. "I know the best way to tell her... Let's just make out in front of her"

"You're drunk. Stop it" Oikawa said and tried to laugh it off, but he knew damn well that Makki was smirking like an idiot behind him.

"Drunk people tell the truth! And I shall tell you, that I like you, okay? I never liked anyone as I like you" Iwaizumi's words were hard to understand, but they still managed to make Oikawa's heart go crazy.

"Iwaizumi, seriously, let's go home before we all get sick" Oikawa's tone was soft and nice, Iwaizumi thought for a little bit before nodding and trying to stand up.

Key word: trying. The moment he stood up, he slipped and fell on his ass.

"Jesus Christ... Taking him home is gonna be the hardest thing ever" Mattsun laughed and helped the poor male stand up again.

The trip back to the mansion was... Well it was something. Iwaizumi kept blabbering something while slipping every few steps. If only the temperatures wouldn't jump this much, it wouldn't be this slippery.

Makki kept singing some song, Oikawa could swear he heard it somewhere before, but couldn't recall. Mattsun was the only one actually doing what he was supposed to, he was a bit worried for Iwaizumi. And Oikawa kept glancing at Iwaizumi and answering his drunken questions such as "Why am I not a dog?" and "Would you smash Slenderman or Pennywise?"

And so, once they finally stepped foot into the mansion - a wave of relief washed over them. Iwaizumi was safely maneuvered to his room and left on his bed, while Oikawa went to make himself and Iwaizumi some tea.

"Oikawa.." Mattsun spoke as he walked into the kitchen. "This whole situation is very serious.."

"I know... But I can't really do anything about it, you know?" Oikawa sighed loudly.

"Miko might tell your mother to hurry up the wedding after all this. You need to tell her as soon as possible" Mattsun was concerned and he knew that Makki was to, even if he didn't show it.

"She might pull some stunt, I wouldn't be surprised. And my parents.. After what happened today, I don't think they will want to see me for a while.. Which is good now that I think about it" Oikawa let out a small laugh.

"I just hope this all works out. She's probably not coming back tonight, so go ahead and take care of that big baby" Mattsun patted Oikawa's shoulder and opened to kitchen door to leave. Just as he did so a loud "I MISSED THE MUSIC VIDEO RELEASE" echoed through the mansion. "Well, I better hurry before Makki starts crying"

Oikawa picked up the two cups and carried them to Iwaizumi's room. To Oikawa's surprise he was still awake.

"You should rest.. After all it's my fault this happened" Oikawa placed the cup on the counter before sitting beside Iwaizumi.

"Damn right it is! I thought you hate me and I didn't even know why" Iwaizumi spoke, he sounded genuinely hurt and it made Oikawa feel even more shitty than before.

"I'm sorry.. It was a misunderstanding, I misheard something and... Took it all out on you. That makes me seem like absolute trash, but I assure you - I didn't mean any of it" Oikawa said, even though he knew that Iwaizumi wouldn't remember this in the morning.

"I forgive you" the other poked him. "Just don't do it again or Iwaizumi will be really mad and stuff bodies into walls"

"Okay, I won't" Oikawa chuckled.

Before he knew it Iwaizumi grabbed his face and slammed his rough lips against his soft ones. At first Oikawa just froze, but soon kissed back.

"That's how I accept your apology" Iwaizumi said as he pulled away and gave Oikawa a big smile.

"Glad to know, now go sleep. You're gonna have a killer hangover in the morning" Oikawa said and watched as the other slowly drifted off to sleep.

He smiled to himself, seeing Iwaizumi like this was a first. All goofy and always smiling... He wanted to see him smile more often. Oikawa placed on last kiss on his forehead before leaving the room and heading to his own.

The bedroom was empty, with no notes left from Miko. Oikawa reached for his phone and found a few messages.

Miko texted him to say that she is very mad at him and will be spending a night at her friends house, not that Oikawa cared anyway. After some consideration he decided to leave her on "seen".

He was tired too, so didn't waste any time and got into his bed as quickly as possible. The bed seemed more comfortable than ever and Oikawa was glad to finally rest his sore legs.

He reached out to turn off the lamp and looked at his lockscreen one last time before closing his eyes.

It was a selfie of him and Iwaizumi.

.

.

.

.

.

...

You all most definitely did not disappoint me on the last chapter. 1.4k comments????? Are y'all insane???

But anyway, thank you very much!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and as I wrote on my board I am going on a semi-hiatus. That means that HITIG updates might not come out every week.

Either way, I'm glad you guys like this story so much.

-hatari.