62

"You have a lot of explaining to do" Makki said immediately as Oikawa walked through the door.

"Huh?" He lifted his head up, bags under his eyes indicated a sleepless night. He kicked the shoes off his feet before sighing loudly.

"I saw the photos. Damn, at least 18 from different angles, so what was that about? I thought you and Miko were through" Makki said, Oikawa tried avoiding Makki's persistent gaze, but gave up soon enough.

"We are through. She tricked me, she's blackmailing me" Oikawa finally said before walking closer to Makki.

"Wait, what?" Makki's eyes widened as his mind still couldn't comprehend those words. Blackmailing him? Since when?

"Let's go to the kitchen, I'll explain" Oikawa ruffled his hair. The mansion seemed awfully quiet, which was a good sign most of the times.

The kitchen was a mess, on the other hand. There were bowls in the sink and Makki's sweater was covered in a weird substance. It smelled nice, but Oikawa was sure that the smell was deceiving.

"Sorry for the mess here I was trying my best, but slipped on something and basically spilled everything on the floor" Makki confessed before sitting down.

"Where are the dogs?" Oikawa asked as he peeked to the living room. That's what was missing, the puppies.

"Mattsun's taking them out. I think he went to the dog park" Makki smiled, thinking about his precious doggos made him happy. Well, Mattsun made him happy too, but..puppies. "anyway, what did you say about Miko?"

"Oh.. yeah. I went to meet her because she kept blackmailing me, she said she'll expose me if I don't meet up with her. I didn't even think she'd force herself on me. After she kissed me I pushed her away and left. I spent the night in a hotel because I ended up drinking.." Oikawa sighed, for once Makki didn't laugh. As a matter of fact he seemed rather worried.

"Oh man.. that must have been tough. Why would she even do that?" He asked himself, Miko was always a shady bitch, but this was on another level.

"She knows that I won't come out to the public. I mean, I'm okay with being gay, but my whole business is on the verge of being destroyed. I have sponsors, partners and so on, who knows how they will react once I come out. She's using that against me" Oikawa watched as Makki furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah, this is a serious issue. I wish I could help somehow, but I'm helpless here. I'm just your assistant" Makki felt a tad guilty, Oikawa had been going through a lot lately and Makki felt like he couldn't help him at all.

"You're more than just an assistant, you're a friend, Makki" Oikawa smiled. A sense of deja vu struck them both as Oikawa said those words.

"You've said this before, it was when Mattsun got me out..." Makki's voice trailed off, he hated thinking about his past.

Everyone Makki was close to knew, behind a smile and a million jokes hid a broken person. Mattsun was the one who picked him up and put all his pieces back into their place, though, he used a piece of his own heart to make sure Makki was able to stand on his own.

"Yeah, when Mattsun got you out of the rope.. it was a tough time for all of us, you especially" Oikawa finished Makki's sentence.

It happened a while ago. All the feelings that Makki had stored away for years bursted out and he ended up doing something he regrets till this day. Yes, he seemed like a happy person, but that's only because he found someone he loves and who loves him. Before that, when he and Mattsun we're just friends Makki suffered from many bad thoughts, he still does.

Once Mattsun persuaded him to see a psychiatrist, he seemed to have gotten better. He started taking antidepressants and it genuily made him feel better, but at one point he mistook Mattsun's love for guilt and pity. He didn't want to be a burden.

The roots of his problems was his childhood. Parents always away, his only friend was their maid who took care of him, however she got ill and had to quit. Makki was left all alone.

"Let's not talk about me. Your issues are more important now" Makki said as he exhaled.

"I need to think this whole thing through, I need to talk to everyone I'm close to and decide on the best option possible. Hopefully it doesn't take too much time, I need to act before Miko does something again" Oikawa finally picked himself up, he was in no place to be miserable.

"Yeah! That's Oikawa Tooru I know. Discuss with Iwaizumi, he's sort of your boyfriend" Makki smirked.

"You're right, he'll definitely have some good advice" Oikawa smiled at the thought of Iwaizumi.

"Oh, did you know Iwaizumi has two tattoos?" Makki raised an eyebrow making Oikawa choke on his own saliva.

"I'm pretty sure I would have seen them by now" he chuckled.

"He said he got them recently" Makki watched as Oikawa's facial expression changed.

"Speaking of, where is Iwaizumi?" He asked, if he was home he would have peeked into the kitchen by now.

"He left early this morning, to visit his parents I think. He didn't call you since he thought that you were busy" Oikawa scratched his head, he should have known he would leave to visit sooner or later.

"Did he see the photos?" He asked, hoping for a negative answer.

"Yup" Makki nodded.

"... I feel like the world around me is crumbling"

.

.

.

.
..

Sorry for such a long wait, I'm trying my best.

Please allow me to rant for a second. Normally I'd do so on my separate book for rants, but since it's mainly about this fanfic, I'll do it here.

I am a human being. I need rest. I need breaks. I'm not a machine that only writes.

Clearly not everyone understands this.

I won't disclose who sent me message and what exactly they said since they blocked me almost immediately after they sent the message and I couldn't even send a reply.

They told me that I'm lazy, that I should update frequently, that HITIG is moving too slow and that my slow updates are the reason why people are leaving this fanfic.

Then they proceeded to tell me that I'm a bad writer and that I don't deserve the reads that I get and so on.

Normally I wouldn't react to it, but I was already sensitive that day so it hit me hard. I'm just a human being. I don't deserve this. I have already come to peace with the thought that this fanfic is losing readers. That's absolutely normal for any fanfiction.

Once again, I have exams which I need to pass in order to graduate. After reading that message I dropped studying and wrote this chapter instead. I felt insecure and bad, maybe I am letting my readers down...

Next time you send someone a rude message, think twice. That person may really be hurt by it.

Thank you.

-hatari