Never Again

(Beccas Outfit in external link)

Ashton POV

Crowds of people flood into the doorway, all dressed in fancy clothes and modest dresses. Calum grips my shoulder clad in a black suit jacket, my hands rubbing against the uncomfortable dress pants Lou made me wear.

She said there's no point in going if I'm not going to impress anyone. Michael's vibrant blue hair makes its way to the crowd of preppy girls, their eyes widening in horror when he probably cracked a dirty joke to them. 

"Irwin, look for her." Harry snaps at me, brushing his way through the crowd of people who seem to care less of his celebrity status. I nod, bouncing on my heels before walking around, searching through the sea of people.

Calum decides to look on one side while I look on the other, moving our way inwards. Luke runs off with Niall to find the buffet that was promised, earning strange looks from the adults with their fancy champagne glasses in hand.

A slow song blares on the speakers, everyone rushing to grab another person to dance with, multiple girls grabbing my arm before I pull away, scanning the sea of people. A blonde head of hair sticks out, back facing me.

I run through people, pushing them aside as my eyes adjust to the slowly dimming lights. "Becca!" I call, the music drowning my voice out. Finally reaching her, I turn her in my arms, immediately letting go when I realize it is definitely not her. "Shit, sorry." I mumble, earning a terrified look from the girl.

Bumping into Calum, he sighs, telling me he hasn't seen her at all. I groan into my hand when the lights get even darker, my eyes unable to see five feet away. "It is my great honor to introduce the founders of this ball, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson." The announcer says into the speaker.

Two middle aged people walk down the tall staircase from different sides, meeting in the middle. Everyone cheers for them as the wife waves, her long gown trailing behind her. I finally see that nobody is wearing a dress without sleeves here.

"Following in his fathers footsteps, Mr. Anderson has found a gorgeous young women to call his own. Mr. Derek Anderson and Ms. Rebecca Johnson." I drop the drink I was holding, the glass shattering everywhere as Becca walks slowly down one side of the stairs, the guy from the photos on the other.

Her strapless dress gets cat calls from the frat boys at the bar, mothers scolding them. They meet in the middle, Dereks hand wrapping around to hold her waist. "Found her." Calum gulps, staring at my gir- Beccas body in her gorgeous gown.

Luke runs up to me, eyes wide as Mikey follows suit, nodding towards Becca. "Can we leave, please." I beg, my leg shaking my whole body. Michael shakes his head, shrugging his shoulders as he nods back to Becca, eyes scanning Beccas face.

"She's not smiling like she usually does. You have to talk to her. We will distract that guy, just make things right. You only have one chance." Harry says from behind me, patting my shoulder roughly, shoving me forward. 

I stumble over my feet, catching myself on a table near by before shoving my way through people, trying to get to the staircase where Becca is. One girl tries to get me to dance with her, leading me off trail for a few moments before I can pull away.

I dodge a few more people, seeing Harry and Luke rounding the corner of the tables to approach them. Once I get there, I see Derek holding her tightly to him, one arm around her neck and the other on her lower back.

She doesn't like being held like that.

Harry coughs into his elbow, walking up to her and Derek. He sees Harry first, cocking his head sideways at the stranger approaching him. Becca notices and turns, her smile growing when she sees him, shaking her head, trying to get away from Derek's tight grip.