Chapter 4

Image of Shehryaar (Sheh-hur-yaar) above 

***********

With a deep blush, she lowered her eyes when she saw him stare right at her.

What the hell is this imbecile doing in my house? How dare he? Did he follow me back home?

She was seriously seething with rage at the complete stranger who was slowly beginning to mess with her mind. She was beginning to think that he was a stalker; but he certainly doesn't look like one. Looks can be deceiving Ainnie.

"Walaikum Asalam," her father greeted and shook hands with the young man. For some reason, Anissa didn't approve of such a person who exhibited so much authority to be present in her humble home—it didn't suit him at all. He looked like a man who belonged in riches and luxury.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion. I realize that it must be surprising for you to have a complete stranger come in your home and request an audience. But I would really like to talk about something important with regards to your daughter Anissa." He stated his voice crisp and curt; his entire being radiating power. As soon as her name slipped past his lips, her eyes darted in his direction only to be caught up in his grey gaze for the smallest fraction of a second. It spoke volumes to her—claiming that he was here for her.

"Of course, how may we help you son?" her father started, causing their eye contact to break. He sat down and gestured the young man to sit down as well. Now that she looked at him, he seemed very young, almost in his late twenties, perhaps three or four year older then Anissa.

Anissa went away with her mother to fetch some refreshments and when she got back, she saw that her father and their guest were sitting quietly but as soon as they saw the women approach them, they straightened in their seats.

She saw her mother pass her a confused look as she went up to her and sat down and placed the refreshments on the coffee table in front of her. She lightly shook her head and gave her mother a slight shrug as they faced the stranger.

Shehryaar was staring directly at the old couple who were visibly squirming under his powerful gaze.

"What business do you have with our daughter?" Mr. Musa Ghalib started as he looked at the young man with confusion.

"I'll get straight to the point. My name is Shehryaar Ghulari. I'm the owner and CEO of Indus Enterprises." He claimed. That took Mr. Musa by surprise as he realized the enormity of the situation that they were. He couldn't fathom why such a famous and powerful man was doing in his humble abode. What business could he possibly have with his daughter? He was well aware that Indus Enterprises was a muti-billion dollar firm dealing in agricultural development and owned thousands of companies across the country as well as the globe. It was a major firm that dealt in hotel chains, resorts, chemical factories as well as construction companies. Mr. Musa had recently finished a project that was assigned to him by his firm from Indus Enterprise who was his firm's legal clients for many years now.

He could've never imagined that the CEO of their most gracious client would be so young. "How may I help you, Mr. Ghulari?" he asked, his tone laced with utter respect. Anissa did not appreciate the way her father was showing respect to an individual who was decades younger than him—if anything, this arrogant man needed to show her father respect which he wasn't and instead was eyeing him and her mother without regard.

Does Abu know who this man is? So what if he's a big hot shot or the CEO of a company? Doesn't mean that he can act like he owns this place!

She eyed Shehryaar disapprovingly and narrowed her eyes at him when her mother got up and gave him a cup of hot steaming tea. He let out a small smile to the old lady however; He saw her from the corner of his eye and smirked.