Chapter 41

REMEMBER, KEEP AN OPEN MIND :)

ENJOY

***********

Shehryaar stood rooted in his place: he was completely stunned at what Anissa just did.

He was furious yet He schooled his infamous blank expression.

Anissa stood there with a blank expression as well, observing his reactions.

Her breath was heaving.

His breathing was even.

They both entered a staring contest.

Not one dared to change the silence around them. Only her heavy wheezing could be heard through the thickness of the silence.

She looked at him; he was just staring at her. His grey eyes were unmoved, his jaw clenched, set sharply and his hands clenched at his sides. She had expected him to be angry, furious even. This was her way of hurting him. But he didn't react at all. All he did was stare at her. And she couldn't figure out what he was thinking.

She swallowed hard against her dry mouth.

He looked at her: his eyes roaming around her head; where her once beautiful long thick locks were, in their place was cut off uneven strands that reached above her shoulders.

Slowly, he strode towards her, causing her to stiffen. When he reached her, so close that his breath fanned her face, she didn't dare look away and observed his each and every move.

His hand reached up. She resisted the urge to flinch at his touch: by now she knew that he was about to do something really bad to hurt her and cause her immense pain.

But she wasn't afraid.

After what he had made her go through, cutting her hair was a step towards achieving some sort of victory. She knew him: he may look unaffected but inside, he must be fuming mad.

She knew how much he loved her hair: the way he would always stroke it and touch it with utter tenderness made her believe that he cherished her hair.

But she still wasn't satisfied: he wasn't giving her the reaction she wanted. And that had terror and fear gripping at her heart.

Slowly, his fingers touched the uneven cut ends of the hair on her shoulder. His blank eyes followed from the tips to the top.

That hand that was so gently touching her hair abruptly gripped her throat.

She resisted the urge to scream as sheer terror engulfed her being."So? Did you really think you could defy me like this?" He hissed and pulled her close.

And there she saw it, the rage in his grey eyes. It was so severe that the grey in his eyes had turned dark and clouded. That caused immense joy and triumph to surge through her..

Anissa smiled. "Did it effect you?" She asked when she very well knew how much it did.

"You fucking dared to cut it?" He shouted and backhanded her harshly.

She fell towards the edge of the bed. A dry chuckle left her lips as she lifted her eyes to look at him: she felt so much better now. She had finally managed to faze him. Now she knew she was right in cutting off her hair. Her eyes fell on his bandaged injuries and her joy increased.

Shehryaar's anger knew no bound now. He saw the glint in her eyes.

He fisted her hair in both hands, making her scream in pain and he roughly threw her on the far wall. She had barely caught her balance when he came behind her and roughly pounded her head in the hard concrete. A sharp pain rose on the side of her forehead. She felt warmth ooze out and she knew that her head was bleeding.