Chapter 31

WELCOME TO PHASE 1 OF MAFIA INDEBTED.

BRACE YOURSELVES FOR THE DARK WORLD OF THE MAFIA :)

COMMENT LOADS AND GIVE ME EVERY THOUGHT THAT CROSSES YOUR MIND

AWESOME COVER BY @Cyan_senator

**********

Anissa sniffed and wiped her tears off as she inspected her right shoulder. It was swollen and red. Already her previous wounds hadn't properly healed that he gave her a new one.

What a savage! That bastard! She was furious. She couldn't believe she got subjected to such brutality. And over what? For disobeying him? Or was it for spitting at him? She couldn't be sure.

She inspected the joint further, relieved to know there wasn't any tearing or bruising. The swelling indicated muscles spasm and stretch and the dull pain indicating inflammation and no nerve compression.

He literally dislocated my arm. I never knew it would hurt so badly. Oh I hate him so much. And she truly felt a burning passion of hate for Shehryaar. She had never hated anyone in her life, not even Sherjeel yet here she was, feeling hate towards Shehryaar surge through her body.

She tried to move her arm, wincing upon flexion and extension but she regained movement and tried to rotate her arm, failing miserably.

She washed her face and tried not to cry again.

Why is this happening to me?

She tried her best to calm down but her fear was too overwhelming. She had never dealt with a situation like this before. Now she knew he was capable of anything. And he had only dislocated her arm, maybe next time he might break bones and even go to slice her open.

There was just no telling what he could do.

Now everything was confirmed. He was a psychopath who enjoyed and revelled in her pain.

He was a criminal after all. The Mafia King of the South Asian underworld.

He was not only abusive but violent as well. That was one of the diagnostic criteria for psychopaths: they exhibit episodes of violent social behaviour. Because as she recalled his face when he mercilessly kicked at her arm and his face when she was wailing in pain, the smile was sinister and the look in his was blank yet his expression appeared to be in pleasure.

This all exhibited sighs of impaired cognitive function.

And I have to spend the rest of my life with a monster like him? He's a beast. I want to go home.

Her eyes landed on his name on her skin. She felt sick and wanted to vomit. If she wasn't in so much pain she would've scratched at the disgusting name of the man who caused her so much pain.

She felt the desperate urge to run away and go back to her parents. She wanted to feel their warmth and wanted to have them tell her that everything was going to be alright.

She gasped loudly, her eyes widening.

My parents! He will hurt them too. I need to protect them. I must keep all his attention on myself. I mustn't let him stray from me otherwise he'll hurt them to hurt me more. He knows they're my weakness. And I know that he will break his promise. A man who cannot honour and respect his wife can never honour a promise made. She thought ruefully as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. How much she had wished that she wasn't beautiful then maybe she would never be in this situation. I will die before I even let that bastard look at my parents. And I won't hesitate to kill him if he hurt them.