Chapter 25

Anissa's mind came out of the hazy mist of lust as she grasped that she gave into him so easily. I can't believe I let him take advantage of me like that. She scolded herself.

Swallowing past the lump in her throat, she focused on her anger. He release her wrists and caught her waist as his lips went up to her neck and nuzzled in and kissed her throbbing pulse.

"Get off me now." She rasped and pushed at his shoulders to get him off. She felt pinned down as the weight of his bulky muscular body crushed her lower abdomen and legs. His intoxicatingly scent whiffed in her nostrils. His heat seeped through and engorged her already hot skin.

"Hmm, baby, I don't feel like it." He murmured against her throat. "Besides, I'm so fucking turned on right now."

Anissa gasped lowly and swallowed hard. No doubt her body was heavily aroused, after all, it was all a physical reaction to the stimulation it received moments ago, but she didn't want their first ever intimate interaction to be in this dismal state of affairs. Not when he treated her like the way that he did and not when she wanted answers.

"Is that how it's going to be? You're going to punish me if I defy and reward me if I be good?" Anissa inquired, her breathing escalating.

Shehryaar smirked. "Yes, that's exactly how it's going to be." He admitted and propped on his arms, facing down to her. She felt relieved to have his weight off of her.

"So each time you disrespect me, you just expect me to submit? Then you'll reward me?Then what if I disrespect you? Will you punish me?" Anissa said, her voice low as tears welled up in her eyes. "What is wrong with you?" She mumbled.

Shehryaar's eyes darkened. He immediately caught her wrists and his fingers dug into her wrists causing her to wince in pain. "Dare to cross me on that Tara and you'll regret it. Trust me on that." He growled, his handsome face morphing into that of a dark angel. It frightened Anissa to no end and she knew instantly that he was dead serious.

But she wasn't giving up either.

"Then don't disrespect me either. I want our relationship to be built on mutual respect and understanding." She began to sob, her dread making her weep her unfortunate fate.

And then what that woman had told her circulated in her mind and wouldn't stop nagging her. She didn't understand why she was so bothered by it.

"Stop threatening me all the time." She cried and thrashed underneath his hold.

"Why the hell did you marry me? If you can't respect me then why did you marry me? If you wanted a woman of your standards and expectations then you could've married some rich heiress. Why did you marry me?" She shrieked and began to thrash harder under him.

"Where the fuck is this coming from?" Shehryaar asked, his tone laced with anger and frustration.

"Tell me," she paused and stared deeply into his angry smouldering eyes. "If you want me to at least respect you then at least you should treat me with respect as well. All I want is to live with respect and dignity. That's all I have Shehryaar. Don't take it away from." She cried, her tears falling from her temples to her hair.

Shehryaar found her sorrowful and disheveled state so immaculately sexy. His desire rose to new heights and he wanted nothing more then to claim her but he knew it was too early. She wasn't ready. And he wanted her ready and wanting him.

"I'll respect you and even listen to you willingly if you make a reasonable request." Her voice pulled him out of his reverie. "You cannot coerce me to do everything that you want. I want to make this marriage work but I can't if you keep trying to hurt me like that." She stated, her sobs racked in her chest.