Chapter 15

Anissa felt his intense gaze on her. Her cheeks blazed with fire and her heart pounded. She kept her eyes downcast. She felt coy but the matter at hand had her heart dreading in anticipation as to what was coming next.

Shehryaar strode towards her like a predator approaching his prey.

He sat at the edge of the bed. Dipping his finger beneath her chin, he lifted her face to look into her eyes.

Anissa kept her eyes down. His touch on her skin was fiery. She felt too shy and the weight of her feelings were just too overwhelming.

She felt something soft touch her cheek and through her peripheral vision, she saw a red rose stroke her cheek. The velvety feel of the rose against her cheek had her nerves bouncing.

"You're so fucking beautiful," he murmured, his voice low. Slowly, she raised her eyes and looked at the man sitting in front of her. Indeed he was the most handsome man she had ever seen: his smouldering grey eyes were fixed on her face. His jaw was set, the stubble making him look even more ragged. His features were darkened and hard. She bit her lower lip, the butterflies in her stomach raging in a war in her belly.

"I've waited a long time for you. Now I finally have you." He told, his voice hard and serious. Her heart did a somersault. She bit her lower lip again.

"Unless you want me to kiss you senseless, you'll stop doing that." He stated as he released her lip from her teeth.

"N-now," she shuttered and cleared her throat. She gathered her courage and looked into his eyes. "Now that we are married, what now?"

"Now, we live our lives together. You will fully devote yourself to me and I want your undivided attention." He told, his voice deep and serious. His aura radiating pure dominance.

Anissa nodded meekly.

"Can you tell me now. Why did you marry me?" She inquired curiously.

"You really love asking that question don't you?" He said rhetorically. Anissa kept silent, her hazel eyes trained on his eyes ones.

"The answer is simple: I was bored. I wanted a change in my life and besides, I needed a legal escort. It's more convenient." He said.

She didn't know why but his words didn't settle well with her especially the part about it him being more convenienced about his partner being legal.

"What with the escorts that I used to take with me to events and charities, it costed me a lot of money and a lot of drama." He chuckled dryly.

Anissa didn't like him telling her all of this so frankly; it only showed how experienced he was and how inexperienced she was. And for some reason, she didn't like it.

"Come," he said and grasped her hand gently. He stood up slowly and Anissa followed suit. Gently getting off the bed, her hair pulled as the veil dragged on the flush sheets of the bed.

She winced when her dressed rubbed on her left arm but she ignored it and stood up.

Her height of 5'5 reached only to his shoulders as he reached a good 6'2. She stared at his chest, which was so broad and well built. His shoulders were strong and muscular, his muscles in his arms were rippling out.

"Nothing is going to ruin this night." He murmured huskily. And gently wound his arms around her. Her injury burned or was it her skin?

His lips slowly descended and brushed against the corner of her lips, his hands roaming up and down her back but the veil at her back prevented his hands from touching further.