Chapter 6

"What?" she asked in complete shock, her mind unable to understand. He smiled a small smile, his thumb caressing her lower lip. "Compose yourself and come out in the patio. Then we'll talk." He said and let go of her chin and stood up, towering her being.

"Oh, and don't get any crazy ideas about running away. This place has high security. You so much as put a foot out of this place and you will be shot down. Keep that in mind." He stated, his cold eyes mercilessly unfeeling. With that said, he walked out of the room.

Tears were already falling out of her eyes as she tries to comprehend the situation that she was in: she was kidnapped by none other than the man who had come to her house with a marriage proposal. What he wanted from her was beyond her comprehension at the moment. However, one thing was clear that she should anticipate what every kidnapper would want: her.

He wants me? But why? What did I ever do to him? What could he possibly want from me?

She wasn't coming from a rich family and her parents were never in any sort of trouble with anyone then all that was left behind was her. The veins in her head were throbbing badly against her temples as she tried to put two and two together. Because she knew that this wasn't the first time she was in a situation like this. Before her mind could come up with absurd things and her imagination ran wild, she tried to clear her head and focus.

I need to think straight. I need to handle this problem with my head. She tried to be brave. Now wasn't the time for her to show weaknesses. Trying to calm herself down, she tried to get up: her limbs were badly shaking but she managed to stand. Straightening her shirt, she realized that she was still in her white coat and her hand bag was nowhere to be seen.

Perfect! Just when I needed it the most too. She fought against the fear and made her way towards the door. Adjusting the dupatta properly on her head, she headed towards the living room. At first she was left in awe of the luxurious surroundings that she was in however that wasn't her concern at the moment. I need to figure out what this mad man wants from me so that I can leave. She scanned the room and tried to look for any way to escape but unfortunately found none. All the windows were grilled and the only two double doors that she found were locked and bolted. Gulping and mustering up her courage, she made her way to the open patio.

He smiled at her when he saw her approach the patio in all her grace. "Please have a seat." He gestured towards the seat across from him. She narrowed her eyes at him but sat down nonetheless. It was almost evening as she saw the sun setting in the sky.

"I'm glad that you have a smart head on your shoulders. I wouldn't want to discipline you again on your bad conduct." He stated. She flinched at his cold response.

She swallowed hard and looked at him: observing her surroundings and looking for anything that she could use in case if the situation turned bad. Now that she looked at him, he was wearing a suit jacket and a black handle on a gun was protruding out of his side. The fear was slowly beginning to engulf her; I knew that he was a dangerous man. Oh God, what have I landed myself into.

"What do you want?" She went straight.

"A straight shooter. I like that." He commented amusedly, his cold calculating gaze observing her every move and breath.

Oh I'm not just a straight shooter when it comes to word. Give me my pistol and you'll find out. She wanted to desperately spit that on his face but she needed to remain composed if what she was planning was to come in action.

"First of all, I would like to ask you something." He demanded and pulled her small pistol from his back pocket and placed it on the table in front of her. Her eyes widened and she clenched her hands at the arms of the chair to keep herself from grabbing it. If she took it right now in front of him, it would a stupid move on her part. And at the moment she needed to be smart.