Chapter 38

There he stood with his bulging arms crossed over his muscularly sculpted chest. Even through the crisp white shirt, his immpecable muscles were so prominent. Anissa's eyes fell on his empty holster. she swallowed hard and slowly remover her head cover.

His hair was disheveled and tossed back while his clean shaven jaw was set sharply. His piercing grey eyes staring at her slim frame in amused interest as his lips curled up a bit in a small smirk.

"Oh, aren't you feeling brave today. I remember you were so vulnerable and weak last night," he smirk grew wider. "And not to mention how you begged me last night."

Anissa didn't let that faze her but her body betrayed her when she felt hot all over as her cheeks flared up when his eyes started to roam up and down her body.

Snap out of it Ainnie! she mentally screamed at herself and focused on the matter at hand.

"Enough is enough Shehryaar." She spoke loudly, squaring her shoulders. Shehryaar narrowed his eyes when he heard his full name leave her plump lips.

"You think that it's okay? What do you have to say for yourself? You're acting normal like you didn't just take so many lives yesterday. Do you feel no shame or guilt? How could you have killed them in cold blood?" She knew it was pointless asking these questions from a psychopathic Mafia boss but she still wanted to. It was her attempt at trying to reach out to him so she could know that there is hope for him. It'll be easier on her conscious if later she decided to leave him and ended up with divorce--at least she won't be blamed for not trying.

Shehryaar chuckled, his chest moving causing his firm and toned muscles to vibrate. "Are you seriously trying to give me a lecture on this?" He expressed and looked at her with amusement. "You see me kill for the first time and you think that talking me into feeling guilt at my actions is going to make a difference?" he quirked a brow at her.

"Yes I do." She replied bravely, being well aware that he possessed no vestige of a conscience.

"Very well then, I'll humour you."

"Stop taking this matter so lightly. Don't you feel any remorse at your actions. You killed them all in cold blood." She accentuated, controlling herself from screaming. It was obvious from his nonchalant demeanour that he wasn't taking this matter seriously.

"Ah yes that I did. They dared to cross me and take what's mine. And what's even more, they betrayed me."

"You could've handed them over to the authorities. But instead of handing them over to the law, you took matters in your own hands like you had every right to it."

"Why wouldn't I? They dared to kidnap my wife." He sounded like he was reasoning. His eyes went hard all of sudden. "And I had every fucking right! don't you dare tell me otherwise." he sneared.

Anissa narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms over her breasts.

"You're outrageous. Yes they kidnapped me, but didn't you do the same with me? You kidnapped me and threatened and forced me to marry you."

"That's a different situation." His tone was strained now as Anissa saw his jaw clench.

"What is wrong with you? Don't you see that what I did was to protect you." Shehryaar snapped, getting annoyed with her constant nagging.

Anissa's anger flared. "What's wrong with me? Me? No Shehryaar what is wrong with you?" She questioned yet she knew the answers.

"Don't you see what you did wrong here. You killed those men in cold blood!" She screamed.