Chapter 21

The car ride back to the estate was deadly quiet.

It was so quiet that Anissa could hear her hammering heart in her ears. From the corner of her eye, she saw Shehryaar and jumped a little when she saw him intensely staring at her.

Her cheeks flared brightly. She felt immensely hot and sheen of hot sweat covered her forehead.

How will I be able to keep my word? I'm still frightened to my bones. Even if I make up my mind, my body will retaliate. PTSD isn't easy to control or treat and he expects me to fulfil my word. Oh Lord help me. She closed her eyes and prayed.

She needed even more courage for what was to come then willing herself to kill.

She knew that Shehryaar was an experienced man. From where he came from, she could easily tell that women threw themselves at him. He was after all a devilishly handsome man.

With his beautifully sculpted face, piercing grey eyes and God like body, blended together with the aura and air of dominance and grace that he exuded; these deadly combinations would have anyone fawning over him.

Of course, he's rich and handsome. It's only justified that women would want him. He could've had anyone he wanted as his wife. I may be beautiful but I don't have a background to match with his. I wouldn't look good standing with him. I wonder what kind of women he prefers.

Anissa felt a painful pang in her heart at that thought. For some reason, she didn't appreciate other women wanting Shehryaar: he was her husband after all.

Wait a second! Why do I care if other women want him? And why the hell am I comparing myself with other women if his preference. What the hell! She mentally scolded herself.

Who cares what his preferences are. I don't even care if his past girlfriends were beautiful and rich. Who gives a damn about that? She mentally scoffed.

"You look cute when you're thinking too hard." Shehryaar commented, pulling Anissa out of her train of thoughts.

"Huh?" She turned to face him only to be locked in his smoldering grey gaze. He rubbed his stubborn chin. "You're face contorts into cute little expressions when you're thinking too hard." He observed.

Her cheeks brightened and she looked away.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing." She blurted, her cheeks giving her away as she balled up her fists. Shehryaar noticed her tensed demeanour.

He smirked. She's so fucking innocent. It's such a fucking turn on. He felt himself go hard at his lower region when he eyes her rosy cheeks.

Shehryaar gently raised her chin and locked gazes with her. "Don't think too much about it Tara. Tonight, it's just going to be you and me. I want you mind to be open." He said to her. "When I fuck you, I only want you to be thinking of me." He said. Her heart almost exploded at his words.

Anissa panicked at his shameless words and instinctively her hands went to his mouth to shut him up as she viewed the chauffeur who seemed unfazed at their little private conversation.

Shehryaar noticed and chuckled then laughed wholeheartedly: a low jolly laughter rumbling from his chest. Anissa was caught off guard. She had never heard him laugh so freely before. His laughter was beautiful just like him.

"What's so funny?" She inquired in a hushed tone, her cheeks lightening up. At this rate she thought her cheeks might just explode.

Suddenly, she was pulled to his chest and his lips smashed against hers in a fiery closed mouth kiss.