Chapter 47 (II)

Two weeks passed and her nightmares continued. They were slowing killing her.

She had no tears left. Shehryaar had even taken them away from her.

Shehryaar had disappeared on her and for that she was grateful. She needed her space.

Desperately she was trying to seek some comfort in anything. The only time she felt detached from the pain was when she was praying and when she felt close to God. However, she didn't ask for anything other then the will and strength to be patient.

The worst part was, she couldn't even talk her pains out to anyone.

Because whenever she thought about the horrible incidences, her stomach would knot and she would throw up all over again. she couldn't seem to keep anything in her stomach. And when her periods came, her body heated up and ached all over.

Whenever she ate, she felt a metallic taste devours her taste buds and her hunger would die down and the constant need to urinate had her drinking less.

That Day as well. she sat silently by the window sill and gazed outside. She couldn't leave the room even though it was unlocked. But she knew that Shehryaar was testing her; he wanted her to defy him but she wasn't about to. she wasn't about to give him the slightest chance at hurting her family.She knew he must be watching her even now.

Her stomach cramped and she groaned. it was only the second day and her period cramps were attacking her so violently. She had never experienced such pain before.

Already she was in so much pain and now even her body was punishing her.However, she was surprised at one thing. it had only been two months since she was married and she got her periods now. She knew that her periods were not always on time but at least they were regular. And what's more, she woke up and found that her lower back was covered in some sort of hive-like rash. She inspected the rash that appeared pruritic. She knew that she wasn't allergic to anything that could possibly cause such an irritable hive like rash.

At that exact moment, a sudden gag reflex cause bile to rise in her throat and she ran to the toilet.

That's when the realisation of the situation hit her hard like a ton of bricks.

It all added up.

The constant nausea, vomiting, the hyperthermia, the metallic taste in her mouth, the rash.

All these signs pointed towards only one possibility.

But it wasn't possible. she was having her period right now. How could it possibly be? A sense of dread and worry engulfed her.

Her life couldn't be more cruel and unstable and now this had to happen.

Up until now she didn't blame Allah for anything but if this possibility came true, then she couldn't help but feel resentful. She was already in a painful bind. She couldn't risk to bring in another innocent life in her mess.

But it still seemed impossible. However, there was only one way to find out.

Shehryaar had allowed only one maid to come into her room. that same maid was responsible for taking care of needs. when the maid came in with Anissa's lunch that day, Anissa requested her to buy the designated object. the old maid appeared ecstatic and immediately complied to her request.

All day long, Anissa thought long and hard.

If it's true, then what? What will she do? A new sense of fear surged through her. Her thoughts were in a chaos. she couldn't think clearly. Even thinking of that word alone was enough to scare her to her wits end.