Chapter 45 (II)

Anissa woke up with a start but the abruptness of it caused her to wail as her head throbbed with pain.

Her mind was hazy and when she opened her eyes, her vision was groggy. Her throat and mouth were dry.

Groaning, She moved her hand to rub her forehead only that she felt that a cold hard restraint around her wrist. And the metallic clank made her mind jerked and the haziness cleared away.

The previous events flashed in her mind. She looked down to her wrists and came to realised that she was chained. And what's more, like always, she didn't find herself in a warm bed rather she found herself chained to a cold wall and lying on her back on stone ground.

The room was unfamiliar as she looked around. It was small, cold and dark. The air was putrid and stagnant. She couldn't see much but had inferred as much that she was in a cell of some kind.

She tried to sit up but her arms get drained. But she tried anyway.

Oh Allah, please help me. She prayed as she sat with her back against the cold wall and pulled her knees to her chest and her waterworks started again.

He's going to kill them. That was the only thought that ran in her mind.

How could I have been so stupid? Why didn't I think? She chided and cried harder. The familiar sensation of dehydration washed over her but she didn't care.

Oh Allah please take me now. I'd rather be dead then to see my family hurt.

She couldn't do anything but loathe herself for her wretched fate.

If only she had thought things through.

But at that time, all she cared about was getting away from her psychotic husband.

She was barely fighting to keep her sanity intact. Her whole psyche was at the risk of collapse. Maybe that attributed to the fact that she went ahead with a crazy flawed plan in her intense emotional state where her logic was clouded.

She had completely disregarded that Shehryaar was a ruthless mob boss.

And one who held no conscience.

And now because of her recklessness, her family was once again at the mercy of a psychopath killer.

She winced and screamed when the harsh click of a door opening echoed off the silent walls.

Shehryaar walked in.

Anissa began to dry heave in seeing him.

He was dressed in a white dress shirt with his sleeves rolled up to the elbows and black dress pants. He held a silver slick object in his hand. Two more men came in and placed a steel table and two chairs in front of Anissa.

She was too scared to move as cold unaltered terror croaked her being like a shroud.

Shehryaar placed the object on the table and snapped his fingers. The two men immediately left.

Shehryaar strode towards Anissa's frightened paralysed frame. She screamed and braced herself when his hand made its way towards her. She was certain he was about to hurt her but he only roughly tugged her arms up and made her stand. The chains around her wrist and ankles clanked against each other as her limbs moved.

He pulled a chair out and harshly threw her in it. She didn't have any time to react as Shehryaar came down to his knees and took her forearms and cuffed them to the chair.

She cried when her skin rubbed against the cold rough surface of the cuffs.

Already her wrists were chained to the wall and now her arms were retrained to the chair and her ankles also chained.