Chapter 24

At first he's a passionate tormentor and now suddenly he's back to his cold self. He's definitely suffering from some mental disorder.

So many questions plagued her mind.

But at present, all she wanted was to be out of the disgusting outfit that made her feel like a harlot. Requiring answers for her questions would come later.

Shehryaar changed into his attire and was about to leave when Anissa caught his arm. "Please, let me change into something more appropriate and I promise I will never question you or disobey you again." She gave in, praying for his heart to open up and accept her plea.

Shehryaar turned to face her, a cruel smile plastered on his face.

"Go on, keep begging. It makes this whole ordeal all the more enjoyable." He cocked his head to the side. His eyes were gleaming with a sadistic intent. Cupping her jae in his hand, he roughylu brought her face near his as his warm breath fanned her flushed cheeks.

"Or maybe I should call in that maid again and put a bullet in between her eyes. Maybe that will get you to be quiet and do as I say." He gritted through clenched teeth, his nails digging into her jaw, making her wince in pain.

That's when it hit her.

"You're going to use anyone I get close to to make me pay for your so called consequences?" Anissa spat bitterly.

His lips curved into a cold smile, his features hard and dark, making his perfectly sculpted face look menacing as a malicious glint shone in his smokey eyes. "Clever girl. I know your stubborn and in order to break you, I'll be using many means." He claimed. A cold shiver ran down Anissa's spine as she figured out the meaning behind his words.

"How can you play with others lives like that?" She spat in disbelief.

"Because I can." He simply said, completely nonchalant, releasing her jaw. She rubbed her jaw to ease away the pain.

She felt disgusted by him. But she had a bigger issue to worry about at the moment.

"Please, don't disrespect me like this." She pleaded once again in a last attempt to make him change his mind.

If the life of the maid wasn't hanging on her, she wouldn't changed out of those degrading clothes immediately but she knew better then to risk the life of an innocent.

He didn't say any more and left. A stylist and makeup artist entered the bedroom and prepared her for the dinner party.

Her bruises on her neck and cheek were effectively hidden under layers of makeup. The bullet scar on her upper arm was also concealed under makeup and Shehryaar's brand was hidden underneath the sari on her right shoulder.

She felt so ashamed when she had to leave the security of her bedroom and come out. The air hot her exposed skin causing goosebumps to arise and crawl all over her skin. And when she had to walk through the hall, she felt like crawling in a hole and hiding there forever as the gazes of the men stationed in the hall looked at her.

She felt naked under the heated gazes of the security personnel who lined the hall. But their eyes were immediately diverted away at first glance. They knew better then to gawk at the wife of their boss.

Shehryaar saw his beautiful wife approach and gracefully descend down the stairs.

His eyes shamelessly scrutinised her body from head to toe.

I'm one lucky bastard. She's like a goddess. He thought, pleased with what he saw.

He saw her slim figure that was bestowed with all the right curves at the right places. The black colour of the sari truly complimented her creamy skin. And her dark hair, that was tied up in an elegant bun and had a few tendrils brush beside her face, made her look even more breathtaking. The smokey shimmering makeup highlighted her features.