Winter is Coming

Jaidyn Mormont twirled a knife as she walked around Winterfell looking for any of the Starks

Jaidyn Mormont twirled a knife as she walked around Winterfell looking for any of the Starks. She had done her lessons with the Septa early this morning so that she would not have to do them later. The Septa praised her on her needlework, Jaidyn didn't like to sew until she began training. Her steady hand with needles helped her master the bow quicker.

The sounds of laughter lead Jaidyn straight to Bran learning how to shoot. She turned her head as Ned's voice rang out. "And which one of you was a marksman at ten?"

"I was." Jaidyn said with a smirk as she emerged from the shadows. Her voice had started everyone as they turned to look at her. Robb and Jaidyn's eyes met briefly before she looked away. 

A smile grew on Ned's face as he remembered how Jaidyn was an excellent archer. "Aye, I guess I should have come to you to teach Bran." His smile still upon his face as he tuned to his sons. "Keep practicing Bran and who knows you might a good an archer as Jai is. Go on."

Jaidyn made her way to Rickon as the boys went back to teaching Bran.

"Don't think too much, Bran." Jon commented.

Robb's voice sent shivers down her spine. "Relax your bow arm."

Everyone was too focused on Bran that they didn't see Arya behind them. Jaidyn would have missed it herself if not for Arya looking at her as if approval to shoot. Jaidyn smirked and lightly nodded. She giggled lightly at everyone's shocked face as they turned to look at Arya.

The wild wolf pup smiled at Jaidyn before turning and bowing. Everyone erupted in laughs as Bran dropped his bow and chased Arya. Robb couldn't tear his eyes away from the girl laughing alongside Rickon.

Caitlyn's voice sounded from above. "She is taking too much after you Jaidyn. If only she would be willing to sew as well."

Jaidyn watched as Ned took the boys to deal with a deserter from the Night's Watch. She had gone with him a couple times but Lady Stark had insisted that Jaidyn stay and help her. Caitlyn had been teaching Jaidyn the roles of a lady, seeing how she would need them in the future.

After following Lady Stark around, she was heading to her room when the younger Stark children came barreling down the hall. They were all shouting at her at once. She was going to question them when they grabbed her hands and her skirt pulling her to the great hall. As she was pushed inside she saw tiny pups around the room. The children let her go and ran to claim a pup.

Jaidyn walked to Robb who had a pup in his grey pup. Robb stared down at her as she smiled sweetly at his pup. Jaidyn couldn't stop herself from petting the pup.