Lost The Advantage

Bran had jolted awake at the sound of someone suddenly entering his room

Bran had jolted awake at the sound of someone suddenly entering his room. He had thought maybe it was someone to inform him about Jaidyn.

The girl he considered a sister had left soon after a boy had delivered terrible news. His teacher had been the one to inform him of her whereabouts. At that news, he wanted nothing more than to follow behind her. He was after all a lord of Winterfell and he should help defend it. But he knew Jaidyn would only reprimand him for such a notion.

Instead, he was subjected to wait for any word of her well-being. He knew her training would certainty come in hand but there was also the worry about her current state. He could only pray to the gods for her safety.

What he never expected was for Theon Greyjoy to be standing in front of him? The ward he had know his whole life was suppose to be fighting alongside his brother.

"We taken the castle." The Ironborn informed simply.

"Theon?" Bran asked trying to grasp his bearings.

"It's Prince Theon now." The boy said proudly assuming he had secured a position among the world. "Get up. You have to get dressed. I've taken Winterfell. I took it. I'm occupying it. I sent men over the walls with grappling claws and ropes."

"Why?" Bran questioned unsure what to do.

"To take the castle." Theon worded simply trying to get the boy to understand.

"You went with Robb." Bran stated.

"And he sent me back to Pyke. I'm a Greyjoy. I can't fight for Robb and my father both. Where's Hodor?" Theon explained remembering the internal debate he had had before he decided.

"I don't know." The boy answered making Theon turn to his companion.

"Find the halfwit and the Queen. We need her." He addressed noting the key point he needed.

Theon Greyjoy had this plan well-thought out. He would attack Torrhen's Square drawing out any fighting men. Then stage a small raid for whoever was left. Once the fighters were cleared out he would take the castle. But what he had expected was for Jaidyn to be among the people fighting against them. He would her current state and the Stark boys if needed to get her to surrender. Except he hadn't seen the brunette fighter at all.

"My men are bringing your people together in the courtyard." He informed making Bran question him again which he decided to explain. "So you can go down and tell them how you yielded Winterfell to me."

"I won't." Bran denied making Theon argue back. "I won't. I'll never yield. We'll fight you and throw you out."

The boy's thought was he was fighting for his home. For his family so they could return to them. But another suggested that Jaidyn was still outside the walls and she would need a safe place to give birth. He couldn't give up the castle to Theon.