Declaration of War

Nothing seemed to get better as the time went by

Nothing seemed to get better as the time went by. No news came from her father as she kept an eye out for the messenger. But news did come when Catelyn took Tyrion only for him to be set freed. With all this going on Jaidyn had chose to set these news aside and focus on her baby.

Her bump was growing gradually while Robb was more attentive to her needs. He would often check up on her only for her to insist she'd be fine every time. Even the wolves seemed to have gotten more protective. Wherever she went one was always by her side.

But being in the North did not mean that the matters of the throne did not reach them. Especially when half of their family was scattered across Westeros. It wasn't till one morning that the threat against them became for too real for comfort.

Jaidyn, Robb and Theon were seated at the table breaking their fast when Maester Luwin came to them. She stared at the scroll in his hand, not liking every one more than the last.

Robb read the scroll silently before questioning Maester Luwin. "Treason? Sansa wrote this?"

At his words Jaidyn quickly stood and pulled the paper from him. Her eyes scanning the words. She sucked in a breath at the turn of events. Ned had been arrested for treason and now Robb was summoned to King's Landing.

"It is your sister's hand, but the queen's words." Maester Luwin began to explain. "You are summoned to King's Landing to swear fealty to the new king."

Jaidyn feared the day that King Robert died and the throne passed to Joffrey. The boy had not shown any intention that he might be a good king but a foolish one. He would put all the realms in danger.

"Joffrey puts my father in chains, now he wants his arse kissed?" Robb scoffed at the idea of bowing down to someone so insolent.

"This is a royal command, my lord. If you should refuse to obey-" Maester Luwin tried to advise.

Robb's next words caused Jaidyn's breath to quiver. "I won't refuse. His Grace summons me to King's Landing, I'll go to King's Landing. But not alone. Call the banners."

"All of them, my lord?" Maester Luwin asked knowing that such a big task would have a big impact.

"They've all sworn to defend my father, have they not?" Robb questioned carefully.

"They have." Maester Luwin confirmed.

"Now we see what their words are worth." Robb stated. They were going to war. One could only hope that the Gods would favor them.